Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Bath & Body
|

New Bum Bum Cream

I was wondering if the new Bum Bum cream actually attracts spiders? Also is the consistency different than the other ones?

Re: New Bum Bum Cream

@Shawlalala I found this rumor hilarious 

@Shawlalala  I got a good chuckle when I read that this cream attracted spiders!  Spiders don’t blindly gravitate toward scents:.  They actually tend to be repelled by fragrances as they have very sensitive olfactory systems.  Plus they have ridiculously good eyesight and would not confuse you with a spider.   
This cream is perfectly safe for the spider adverse as it has a pretty strong floral fragrance.  

also( for anyone who doesn’t know, a male spider is attracted by a females pheromones but they will not engage without first informing the female that they are looking for a mate by plucking at their web.  They will find the web and visually locate the female before engaging.  They will then start an intricate little dance to inform the female they want to mate with them and don’t want to eat them.  The female decides if they are invited.  
In a spider mating ritual it is NOT the pheromone attracted male that does the biting.  It’s the female and that’s AFTER mating.  

Thank you

I knew the rumour was nonsense but I didn't know all that neat stuff about spiders. The males sound like little gentlemen @heartsmyface 🎩

@heartsmyface  Thanks for clearing this up!!! I saw something about it and I thought it had to be bogus! 

@Shawlalala  It is thicker than any of the other SDJ creams. It does not attract spiders, I live in a rural wooded area and I would definitely notice if it did.

Thank you so much

@faeriegirl  I was joking about putting a little cream in the center of a glue trap and putting it down next to other glue traps without to see if it caught more spiders.   i already know the answer though. 😆

@faeriegirl ooh how are you you like the new scent? I'm getting the mini 💜 I'm excited 😉

@CynthieLu  I love the consistency and hydration. I like the scent but my husband hates it. He said it makes me smell like an old lady. It is a very strong vanilla/floral scent. I hope when they finally release the 71 body butter it has the same consistency this one has.

Awww it's not fun when that happens. @faeriegirl I'm sorry to hear your husband feels so strongly about it.

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 26 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing