Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Bath & Body
|

Natural Deodorant

I have been on the hunt for a natural deodorant that works and smells good for the past few months. I would think that I would be out of my "transition phase" by now. I have tried a variety of different brands, some of them made me immediately have reactions and others took longer. I started with clean queen from Tarte and that immediately made me react, I've also tried Native, Yes to Charcoal, and Lavanila. All of them seem to eventually make me really itchy. Has anyone found anything that's worked for them?

Re: Natural Deodorant

Okaaay I’m a pro in this area. I’m allergic to

aluminum, propalyene   Glycol and baking soda lol 

Routine Cream is a god send (baking soda free ones) and Meow Meow Tweet Tweet work amazing too. 

@K8t19 

@GG84 thank you so much! Are there any major difference b...

@GG84 thank you so much! Are there any major difference between the two brands/between stick vs paste?

Re: @GG84 thank you so much! Are there any major difference b...

@K8t19  So Routine Cream is amazing at keeping you fresh but it can be a bit messy to apply, scooping your fingers in the jar and applying to your pits (sexy, I know). I also tend to over use Routine. They say one jar should last 3-6 months but I burn through 1 jar/month and it gets to be expensive. My favourite scent from Routine is Baking Soda Free Sexy Sadie (it smells like Orange and a hint of Cinnamon). 

With Meow Meow Tweet Tweet their stick ones are really annoying because every time you put the paper cap back on, it scrapes a bit of the deodorant off and wastes it (it’s in paper biodegradable packaging). But their cream version doesn’t work the same - so stick is better. It’s super easy to apply and I keep one in my purse just Incase. You apply like you would a normal stick deodorant, they are baking soda free so no irritation. Grapefruit and Rose smell great. I rotate between Routine and Tweet so my body doesn’t get too used to one formula. 

I’ve been an Agent Nateur user for 2 years. I use the No. 3 scent. It works great on me! But it also sometimes makes me smell like a eucalyptus branch all day. 😄 Agent Nateur has a non-baking soda deodorant but it doesn’t work well on me. Their rose scent works if I’m not very active that day. Their “men’s” scent doesn’t work for me at all, which sucks because I looooove that smell. Sigh. 

Just last month, I started using Routine deodorants. I told a friend I’d tried various others by Vapour, Schmidt’s, Ursa Major, Primal Pit Paste (I had a bad reaction to that stuff), etc. He recommended Routine; I said “psh, nothing’s ever gonna work as well as Agent Nateur”; he bought me 15 of their minis to try; after testing them, I promptly bought a few full sizes. Now I can rotate AN’s eucalyptus scent with Routine’s Sexy Sadie (my favorite because it works the best for me), Superstar, Like a Boss, and I think I need a full size of Cat Lady too. Routine makes some non-baking soda scents, too. 

Thank You! I was looking into primal pit paste and Idk ho...

Thank You! I was looking into primal pit paste and Idk how I felt about that one. I saw another one at target called meow meow tweet, I'm a little nervous to try. I just hate how expensive natural deodorant is that might not even work or give me some kind of terrible reaction!

Re: Thank You! I was looking into primal pit paste and Idk ho...

@K8t19  If you’re interested in trying Vapour, they sell a set of 3 samples for $10 USD. At their site, search for “Aer trial” and it’ll come up in results. (Aer is the name of their natural deodorant.) Agent Nateur doesn’t give samples. Routine has samples but, like Vapour, you have to pay for them: $5 USD for each scent. Their samples are slightly larger than Vapour’s, but they’re still mini sized. 

I’ve never tried anything by Meow Meow Tweet, but I know they’ve been around a few years. If you think you’re sensitive to baking soda, try their grapefruit non-baking soda deodorant. It could work great for you! Won’t know til you try. 🙂 

Re: Thank You! I was looking into primal pit paste and Idk ho...

@WinglessOne thanks for the heads up on the brand!  I've honestly never heard about it but my mom's actually been looking for a natural deodorant that will actually be effective.  So far she's not at all fond of Schmidts, LaVanilla, or the aluminum-free Secret and Dove and she's sort of settling for the Native right now.  I'll definitely pass along this info to her.

You may be reacting to the baking soda that is in many formulas. Look for one that does not have baking soda. 

that's what I've been thinking, it's been a struggle to f...

that's what I've been thinking, it's been a struggle to find those.

@K8t19 So far the best one I’ve tried is Kopari. I like the original and the gardenia. My second favorite is Farmacy freshen up.

thanks! Have you had any kind of reactions to either?

thanks! Have you had any kind of reactions to either?

Re: thanks! Have you had any kind of reactions to either?

@K8t19 The only time I had a reaction was to Schmidt’s deodorant. 

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 29 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing