Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Bath & Body
|

In Grown hair

Does anyone have any experience with the Anthony In-Grown Hair cream sold at Sephora?? My husband has a bunch on ingrown hairs on his neck and some on his arms. He has a couple on his upper arm that he picks at and they are getting angry! Does this cream work on already existing in-grown hair, or is it mostly for preventative use right after shaving? The reviews did not give me a very definitive answer. Or, does anyone know of an alternative product that might help him?

Re: In Grown hair

I've been using it for years and it works for me.  But I also use a daily cleaner and exfoliate 1 day week.

Re: In Grown hair

Finally found this post again! I tried responding to it a few days ago, but my browser would just keep refreshing the page.

As for your question, I have never tired the Anthony In-Grown Hair cream. However, I have used Shaveworks The Cool Fix which is a very similar product. The Shaveworks does help reduce in-grown hairs and it works both preventative as well as a treatment to already existing ones. My best suggestion though is to not shave against the grain, if he does. It has been the number 1 solution for me. I have literally zero in-growns since I stopped doing that. Also, your husband could use any product that contains AHAs like the "mens" products. For instance, I use Drunk Elephant's TLC Framboos and Babyfacial, and simply no longer need an "extra" shaving product as my regular skincare routine already contains the acids that will help prevent the in-grown hairs. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing