cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Sunday Riley Good Genes purge

Hi!

So I’ve been using SRGG for a little over a week every night pm. I have dry/combo skin that tends to be acne prone only in hormonal areas like chin and upper lip and I typically have tough skin and have been using acids for years.
I got this product to help maintain clear skin, have even texture, and brighten but since using it it’s caused light texture on my forehead, jaw, chin, and neck and has even caused a couple of break outs on my chin as well. I feel like maybe using every night is what’s causing this? Should I step down to a couple nights a week instead or just let my skin endure the purge? #sundayrileygoodgenes #acneproneskin

Re: Sunday Riley Good Genes purge

@kayfletch There are a lot of thoughts about whether or not “purges” are legitimate. Some believe it’s natural and expected because you’re pulling your “problem” skin to the surface faster, other say it’s not normal and it’s a sign your skin is reacting poorly to the change in product. Personally, I’ve never experienced a “purge,” or had overly reactive skin to a change so I can’t really give much of an opinion either way based on that.

With that said - I DO believe you need to take a walk before you can run approach with strong skincare ingredients (and that could be why I haven’t had skin reactions). Good Genes is a fantastic product, but it can be a little strong. Is this the first skincare product you’ve used with stronger actives in it? If so, your skin will need a bit of time to adjust (just like everything in life - don’t start with a marathon if you’re brand new to running). As per the Good Gene instructions, it is suggested you use it as a treatment 3 minute mask if you have sensitive skin. Alternatively, decease your usage from nightly to every other night or twice a week. On the nights you aren’t using it, choose a hydrating serum to introduce additional moisture - cell turnover can dry out skin. 

Thank you for the quick response! 
i typically don’t have sensitive skin and I’ve used acid cleansers, serums, and moisturizers in the past. Although, I don’t use lactic acid often.

I do feel like sense this is a newer product and that I don’t use lactic acid like I’ve used other acids. I’m sure my skin reacted by over usage. I will take your advice and just use it a couple times a week and if I still react the same, I guess it unfortunately not for me!

Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment 

@kayfletch Of course, happy to help out a bit. Certain acids can definitely impact the skin differently, for example mine doesn't really like salicylic acid very much! I hope you can find a way to fit Good Genes in to your routine, the results are fantastic when it works for you! 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing