Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Skin Care

Hi, has anyone used dermalogica? if so, for what issue with your skin & did it work??

Re: Skin Care

@GangstaRye Ive had a lot of luck with Dermalogica products in the past! I have combo skin (super oily t-zone, but eczema prone on my cheeks and near my hairline). I also had a massive struggle with acne about a year and a half ago. My skin is also on the sensitive side... a lot, I know 😂 I used the kit to start me off on a routine (The normal-oily one), but then moved to the Calming line (it also can come in a set). I had no reactions and it didn’t make my existing concerns worse. The stand out products for me would be the Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel 8.4 oz/ 250 mL, Dermalogica Multi-Active Toner 8.4 oz/ 250 mL, DERMALOGICA - Breakout Clearing Booster and the Dermalogica Precleanse Cleansing Oil 5.1 oz/ 150 mL. I didn’t like the active moist moisturizer because it didn’t give my dry spots enough hydration, and the skin prep scrub was okay, but I don’t use physical exfoliators. I actually also really liked the Redness Relief Essence and the Charcoal Rescue Masque (it works but it not the type of thing you use all the time)

RE: Re: Skin Care

Thank you love I think I’ll try the set for oily skin

Re: Skin Care

Hi @GangstaRye! I've used Dermalogica at a few different stages in my life, and I've been happy with my experiences so far!  In my teens/early 20's, I had combination/oily skin and used the Special Cleansing Gel and the Active Moist moisturizer.  I really like the Cleansing Gel as a general cleanser, and I think works for just about every skin type.  Active Moist was great when I had combo/oily skin too, and didn't leave me feeling too oily. 

Now that I'm in my 30's, however, I've had to adjust a little bit, haha. I am definitely more dry these days.  I love using the Daily Microfoliant Exfoliator, I think it's great for keeping all skin types feeling smooth and fresh (even sensitive skin).  I've also started to have a bit of redness in my skin, so I used the Ultracalming Cleanser and was really happy with it.  No redness at all after cleaning, which I usually run into at least some.  I also used (and still use) the MultiVitamin Power Recovery Mask. I seriously love this mask. My skin feels great and looks really clear after you wipe it off! 

What kind of concerns were you looking to address? Maybe I can recommend some specific products for you to look into. 

Cheers! 

Kevin

RE: Re: Skin Care

Thank you so much for commenting ♥️ & I have very oily, acne prone skin with a little hyperpigmentation & acne scars.

Re: RE: Re: Skin Care

@GangstaRye Great! For a cleanser, I would recommend trying the Dermalogica Acne Clearing Skin Wash Cleanser 8.4 oz/ 250 mL, the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74g, and the Dermalogica Calm Water Gel Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL.  This moisturizer is great for people with oily skin.  It's very lightweight and is designed for extremely sensitive skin, so it won't irritate any breakouts you may have.  If you find that the Clearing Skin Wash is a little too drying, I would try the Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel 8.4 oz/ 250 mL. 🙂 

I hope this helps! 

Best, 

Kevin

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing