cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Severe Scarring- Help!

I am a single 25 year old mother- I work 2 jobs, one of which is as a waitress. Once COVID happened, and then we were finally allowed to go back to work, I would work my 10 hour shift with a reusable face mask, which I would wash every other day. However, due to the stress of being a mom and working 2 jobs as well as going back to school, I had a stress breakout... which appeared anywhere that a mask would touch my skin. Now I know we are always told DO NOT TOUCH OUR FACE, of course I had white heads here and there and wanted to get the yucky stuff out, but then I went a little too far for a little too long and my face ended up being red and puffy due to messing with it for too long. The next day, I woke up with a severely swollen face, because I had inadvertently given myself cellulitis. For those that do not know, it is a skin infection usually occurring in the lower legs/feet, but can occur anywhere else as well- in this case, it affected both cheeks, my chin, and my jawline. To drain the infection caused severe scarring and dark spots, and now I do not know what to do to make my skin go back to the way it was.

This is kind of a 2 part questions- how can I avoid obtaining more dark spots moving forward? How do I make my dark spots and scars fade as quickly as possible? What products have been proven to work to make these scars fade? What skin care regimen helps?

My second question is how the heck do I cover these scars without making my skin worse?! I work in a high-profile professional environment for my primary job, and I try and look flawless every day- which means COMPLETELY hiding these scars. What are ways to conceal these without pounding on so much make up that I look cakey? What is the best make up to use that will avoid clogging my pores so I do not have another break out and infection, that won't darken my spots even more?

Re: Severe Scarring- Help!

Hi @Anonymous ! I’m sorry you’re dealing with this.

For a cleanser, I’d suggest Proactiv Solutions Renewing Cleanser Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL or the Cerave SA cleanser from the drugstore.

An incredible ingredient for acne and acne scars is Niacinimide! Helps with evening skin tone and texture and balancing oil production. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL . 

Make sure you’re moisturizing your skin and wearing sunscreen every day. Sunscreen actually also helps with skin sensitivity and dark spots.

I can totally relate to wanting to pick at your pimples, but it just leads to more scarring and infection. I love Starface pimple patches. They’re so cute and make me feel better.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions, have a great day 💕

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing