cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Sebum

I find that closer to the end of the day my

make up looks crappy and my t zone is oily. I also find that the sebum on my nose comes out and If I touch my nose I can feel it bumpy. Is there a way I can control this or st least limit the oil and sebum. My make up is flawless when I first put it on and then mid day it just slowly deteriorates and looks awful. Ask my mascara comes off and I basically have raccoon eyes. Is it because I should be using a waterproof mascara? Anyone have any input?

Re: Sebum

@Gujberry Your skin may be dehydrated. Tell us about your skincare and the products you are currently using and we can help you out a bit better.

Cetaphil cleanser (morning and night)
Garnier skinactive moisture bomb (morning)
Aveeno intensive night cream b3 (night)
L’Oréal age perfect eye renewal (morning and night)

make up routine :

Mac peach lustre for under eyes and scars 
Sephora bright future gel serum concealer for under eyes and scars
Makeup 4ever ultra HD all over 
Laura mercier under eyes 
Mac blush
Better than sex mascara
Urban decay all nighter

mask routine: 

Glam glow mud mask (twice a week)
Biore charcoal exfoliate bar (once a week)

@Gujberry Yes, I think your skin may be dehydrated. Try switching your cleanser for something gentler or only cleanse one a day. Remove your makeup with an oil or micellar water. When it's dehydrated it overproduces oil, which I think might be happening. Until your skin balances out, try not to use any exfoliating products to prevent it from getting irritated again. You might want to invest in higher quality moisturizers at some point too. I think your skin needs oil (sounds weird, huh?), but if you use a high quality oil on your skin to moisturize, your skin will stop producing oil. I looked up that Garnier moisturizer, and while it sounds nice on paper, the ingredients in it depend on skin already being hydrated to work well. Your skin isn't - so it won't work. If that makes sense. 

I don't want to throw a ton at you right away, but I'd suggest switching up a few products and steps, then gradually switching other things over too. This is likely a skincare issue, not a make up one. 

Thank you. Yeah I wasn’t sure what was the cause of it. If it was make up related or every thing else. 

Ive always stayed away from oil simply because of my tzone. So strange that I need oil I always thought it made it worse. 

I have been wanting to change my moisturizer but I don’t know what to use. 

@Gujberry Check out Josie Maran's line for moisturizers. I use almost all of her products in one way or another. It's an amazing line. Everything is argan oil based and 100% natural. I use the 100% Argan Oil year round, Face Butter in the winter, and and Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 in the summer. 

I’ll look into it. Thank you for your help and suggestions. 

@Gujberry Of course! I hope you find some products you love.

Also I have used clean and clear morning burst for a good while and I stil had the same

problem. 

I used to use Nivea day cream combo skin as well. 

Clean and Clear dries the skin out. Feeling skin grease completely gone after cleansing isn't good, the cleanser is stripping the natural oil. Oil is needed to balance out, but can overproduce when it's low. Cleanser I like, Philosophy purity made simple - removes makeup as well and balances. Light cleanse in the morning with cleanser and longer at night to remove the day. With winter, gel moisturizer probably won't be enough, if you're in a cold climate.

Also make sure the skin is completely dry before makeup and let layers dry down in between.

Thank you. I’ll look into that cleanser. Definitely need to switch up my routine. I’ve always thought because I was oily I needed to get rid of it turns out it’s the opposite. 

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing