Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

PLZ HELP!

I am brand new to acne (in my mid-20s... wtf). I equated the newfound acne to constant mask-wearing until it started to show up elsewhere on my face. Mostly on my jaw line/cheeks though. I usually have combo skin, but in recent years I’ve noticed my skin becoming extremely dry in the winter months, and I can’t even get foundation/concealer to go on smoothly without mixing with oil, which irritates the acne more. I truly have no clue how to treat extremely dry yet acne prone skin as this is all new territory for me. Feel free to drop your routines/advice. I’ll try anything at this point! 

Re: PLZ HELP!

In the winter I really like using Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer , it doesn't break out my skin because its lighter, ive found any cream type mositurizers my face hates! You don't need a lot because it isnt super goopy. It is very hydrating and a little goes a long way. To treat my acne lately I have been using the Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment which is helping with my flakey skin, skin texture and clearing up stubborn black heads that I always get. When I get bad breakouts from stress or wearing a mask all the time I find using clearasil pads helps and if the acne is really bad or those annoying under the skin bumps that hurt but you can't really see well but feel I use a spot treatment of Proactiv Emergency Blemish Relief 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing