Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

I’m new

I get stubborn acne sometimes but i still love makeup?? Recently just ordered a whole new set of non comedogenic skin care and makeup. It was definitely not cheap but i’m hoping it’s worth it. Does anyone else here use non-comedogenic products? If you do, are you seeing a difference? 

Some of the products i’m going to try is the Ami Colé Skin Melt Talc-Free Loose Setting Powder ILIA NightLite Bronzer Powder LAWLESS Make Me Blush Talc-Free Velvet Blush Indian Summer CLINIQUE Even Better Clinical™ Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 25 I have also bought a new elf primer and the hydrating elf concealer is already non comedogenic as well.  Usually I don’t buy higher end products but I think I need to do it for my skin. I notice my skin will start to clear up then it will break out once I wear makeup again. I clean my make-up brushes regularly too. Does anyone have any tips?? 

Re: kate423

hello Kate, I suffered from the same acne problem, I didn't know that Vitamin C had all the benefits that everyone talks about, until I got tired of seeing my face with pimples and spots all over my face, I bought several brands and honestly I didn't see results , so I decided to believe in a not very well known brand, but it was the solution to my problem, and vitamin c is not even indicated for skin with pimples, my skin is simply wonderful, so I never use it again, ahhh and before I forget I will leave the link here --- 

Re: I’m new

@kate423 sensitive and occasionally acne prone skin here! i don't always use non-comedogenic makeup (which i know i should, but so many products are so tempting!). i do try to exclusively use non-comedogenic skincare. it's the first layer going directly onto my skin, so i try to be more careful with that. it has definitely made a difference for me! it can be pricey, but there are some good drugstore finds as well! for years i used a very basic neutrogena SPF 30 that i picked up for around $10 CAD (it lasted a long time too). the lawless line is great, and the clinique as well. as "boring" as clinique seems, i have a lot of luck with the makeup. i would just be careful to check the ingredients of the skincare - some products i really liked had alcohol denat as one of the top ingredients, which can strip or damage your skin (and cause your skin to produce more oils!)

some things to take note of if your skin breaks out when you use makeup (from personal experience): check the expiration date of products, especially primers/foundations. i'm the worst for hanging onto products for too long, so i cant really talk, but i notice a difference in my skin if my foundation or primers are really old. i'm not saying throw things out the day they expire (because makeup is expensive!) but just beware of product you put on your whole face and whether or not it's super old.

another thing i learned the hard way is to cleanse properly. double (or even triple depending on how much makeup youre wearing) is a must! i like to start with a cleansing balm like the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm or oil, then go in with my normal face cleanser (i use the Cerave mostly), and then take a final pass with a micellar water on a cotton pad (i like the SEPHORA COLLECTION Organic Cotton Pads 50 Pads because of the size) just to make sure everything is off! you'd be surprised how often im still removing makeup with that micellar water at the end of all that cleansing! for micellar waters, there are great drugstore options, like the Garnier.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing