Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Hyperpigmentation

I have been struggling with hyperpigmentation since all of forever.  My actual skin looks good… but with blemishes.  And when you look close, many of the blemishes seem to be faint, but not “ON” the surface - if that makes sense.  I’ve been wanting to try a peel, but I’m terrified.  I have combination skin, and would really love some advice or tips on what I can do to knock this issue out. 

Re: Hyperpigmentation

For me, nothing has proven to be more effective than the Dr Dennis Gross peel pads + regular use of sunscreen to help with dark spots. I use the extra strength ones and I feel like it tackles all of my skincare problems, including hyperpigmentation and acne. I feel like a lot of people underestimate the power of sunscreen and would rather buy other skincare products to treat the skin conditions afterwards, but sunscreen cuts out half of the issue with prevention. 

You really touched on an ingredient that I had questions about and I think I’ll start there before diving into the peels.  This helps me a whole lot and I’m checking the tagged products as well.  Thank yooou!!!

@KrysNoC,  if peels are scary to you (which soemtimes are still scary to me), maybe consider a serum with an ingredient like niacinamide, which yes can help with oil control, but also help with brigtening.  Or look for something with a low percentage of an activve (actives are usually the stuff in peels), and start with a slow introduction, of what I think is now called, skin cycyling (one or two days on, then off).

Introduce things slowly and skin test!

Serums:

Hyper Skin Mini Brightening Dark Spot Vitamin C Serum 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum Hydrating Vitamin C Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL

The INKEY List SuperSolutions 20% Niacinamide Serum 1 oz / 30 mL(haven't tried personally, but inkey list is pretty loved around BIC)

Peels, if you want to try:

The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel Pads 

Are you using a good sunscreen? Sunscreen helps with Post acne marks. I have some and they’re still there but not SUPER noticeable:) 

I love my Neutrogena sunscreen, but in all honesty, that’s the one part of my skincare routine where I’m so inconsistent.  I really need to do better about using it. 

ive use the dr jart peel and i love it. i have oily and sensitive skin and this worked great for me!

Thank you so much for responding, I definitely check this out.  Is it pretty easy to use? 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing