Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

HELP

04C3D68F-E5CD-4963-9F78-5DE4EA3C962A.jpeg

7D2235A6-9055-46C6-922B-4E22E2D7CCB0.jpeg

Please help need advice. I have tried every single product you can think of for the bumpy texture I have. Paula’s choice exfoliant. Differen gel. PanOxyl face wash. The ordinary niacinimide, azeliac acid, glycolic acid toner, the red BHA AHA peel mask. I went to the dermatologist and she gave me Tretinoin I used it for FOUR MONTHS and nothing changed. Even thought it was fungal so tried Nizoral dandruff shampoo and sulfur ointment. Literally nothing works I’m so frustrated plz plz help me 

Re: HELP

This doesn't seem like acne to me, more like an allergic reaction. My skin will look somewhat similar if I have a reaction to my makeup, skin products, food, and even nature like grass or trees.

hi!

i would try curology. it’s a custom skincare subscription. you can get a month trial for like $5. i’ve been using it for over a year now and it’s helped so much! 

@kkkkaylaaa  If none of those ingredients/products helped, including tretinoin, then I recommend you go back to your dermatologist (if you haven't already) and explain tretinoin didn't work, so she can help you figure out what to try next. To my knowledge, none of us on BIC are medical doctors. Since you've had a doctor involved in your treatment, it's probably best to work with her since she can see and diagnose your skin in person. Maybe you don't have acne at all, which is why benzoyl peroxide, BHA, azelaic acid, adapalene, and retinoic acid haven't seemed to work. You could have a completely different skin condition, and none of us here on BIC can diagnose that. But a good doctor can. 🙂 

But she's just asking incase maybe someone has this or had this exact skin issue and found a product that worked !! Thats what this group is for. To ask and to help a sister out ! 🙂  

@Stephiibaby  Quick BIC tip: be sure to @ the person you're replying to so they'll get a notification. Otherwise they might never see your reply. 

Yeah, I understood what @kkkkaylaaa was asking and why she asked. 🙂 And it's fine if other folks want to offer up product suggestions. I tried to help her out by reminding her what works for one person might not work for another, especially when so many products/ingredients have already been tried. Even if someone else has had "this exact skin issue"—which is hard to tell since none of us have seen her skin in person, and none of us have the medical expertise to diagnose her skin and definitively say "yep, that's exactly what I had happening with my skin." There are skin conditions that mimic acne. Just because someone's skin looks like it's having an acne breakout, doesn't mean it is. 

And in her case, she's already got a doctor involved in her treatment. Regardless of how good/knowledgable or bad/incompetent her doctor might be, I bet that doc knows more about her specific skin condition than any of us do. Sometimes it's better to keep working with a dermatologist than to throw more random products (recommended by folks who are not derms/medical doctors) at your skin. 

I used to struggle with a lot of cheek/jawline acne. The only things that helped were Retin-A prescription, Diane 35 birth control and antibiotics (but that was always temporary and acne would come back when the cycle was done). 

Recently, I learned that a lot of makeup/skincare/haircare products are comedogenic. I would suggest looking up the products that you use in your daily routine on the site Acne Clinic NYC. They have an ingredient search function. Since cutting out those products, my skin has progressively gotten better and better. 

Rare beauty and NARS are usually pretty good for being non-comedogenic. Unfortunately anything with talc can clog your pores and cause acne, which rules out most powder products. 

My current routine is just cleansing with micellar water and using Embryolisse Sensitive Skin moisturizer (which unfortunately has a comedogenic ingredient but doesn’t seem to bother my skin). I use Retin-A a couple of times a week, but other than that I don’t use any serums. I cleanse using Shea Moisture African Black soap bar (which is scented so maybe a more natural African black soap would be more effective) in the shower but don’t cleanse my face outside of the shower except to remove makeup. 

If any of your products (body wash, makeup, cleansers and serums) are scented, this could also be a culprit. Sensitive skin products tend to be best for acne (don’t go ham on drying products). And don’t pick! They will spread. 

I’ve learned that sometimes less is more. Everyone I know with clear skin doesn’t do a whole lot with it!

Hello, if Paula’s choice isn’t working for you I suggest the FARMACY’s 2% BHA toner with added papaya enzymes to gently exfoliate. They have a travel size for $15. I also suggest Peach Slices ACNE Exfoliating Toner for $11 on Amazon. As for a cleaner maybe go with The Ordinary Azelaic Cleanser or the The inkeyLIST Salicylic Acid Cleanser. Hope this helped 💕

Hi!

Some of the things I would recommend would be looking up skin cycling on tik tok. night one is exfoliant, night 2 would be ur retinol or retinoid, and night 3/4 would be ur recovery. Also what I have heard is to double cleanse if you were makeup or sunscreen throughout the day. I myself am still learning with what works for my skin as well. Skin cycling will teach you when you should use your products that you have. Hope this helps 🙂

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos2
  • 04C3D68F-E5CD-4963-9F78-5DE4EA3C962A.jpeg
  • 7D2235A6-9055-46C6-922B-4E22E2D7CCB0.jpeg
testing