Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

For tretinoin users

just starting tretinoin and I want to get my skin routine set!

whats your am routine like?

what are must haves when using tretinoin?

For the nights you don’t use it, what’s your night time routine? 

best cleansers, moisturizers, SPFs?

for context I have hormonal acne and combination/sensitive skin!

Re: For tretinoin users

Welcome to the Tret world! 
First and foremost it’s EXTREMELY important that you leave and breathe SPF going forward. Your skin is going to be much more susceptible to weather and climate factors like sun, wind chafing, dryness, etc. 

I recommend using sensitive skin products going forward bc hopefully the Tretinoin will help alleviate the hormonal acne from the inside out (although it will take weeks if not a month or two to see that stage - don’t lose hope!)

When I wake in the morning, I don’t wash my face at all. If I’m feeling greasy or I sweat when I sleep, I use a cleansing cloth. I like to moisturize with Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid Peptide Moisturizer $54  then I apply my Peter Thomas Roth Mineral Tint Sunscreen $38 religiously. Follow up with my OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright CC under eye stick, IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better Makeup Primer, makeup, (I’m obsessed with my Lancôme Teint Idôle Glow Wear and Care Foundation)), etc…

End of day, shower, and let skin dry completely for 20 minutes before applying the Tret.

Follow up with Tatcha Indigo Overnight Repair $92.  

Try your best to stay away from actives like AHAs, BHA, glycolic acids, etc. You don’t want to layer sensitizing components on your skin. 

SPF is your best friend! 

I wish I could give you a more thorough rundown, but my attention span is close to none at this time of day. 💜 Remember that even with regular use, random pimples can happen. Don’t beat yourself up! You’re going to do great! 

Re: For tretinoin users

These are all great tips! I’d add that my derm told me to put on my moisturiser FIRST and then the tret to reduce irritation! 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing