Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Cheap but Effective Acne Scar Retail Remedies

Along with these suggestions, I would love to hear your recommendations on your holy grail acne scar remedies. 

I am a woman with acne-prone skin. It's something that I have not actively treated within my pubescent years, but rather making it worse. It's so bad- picking at my blemishes, only making them worse.

Most recently, I have gone drug-store with BioOil; a staple for anyone wanting to treat/prevent stretch marks. I do not have that problem at the moment, but what I DO have, is acne scars.  So far into the treatment, I have noticed my skin is softer without more whiteheads appearing. It is recommended that you stay on this remedy for 3 months, applying 2x daily. 

Another product that has worked well for me after I attack my skin with comedone extractor or tissue-wrapped fingers, is Alba Botanics 96% aloe vera gel. It's natural, and the mix I own does not have the unpleasant smell that some find with aloe vera gel. It has a much thinner consistency than the aloe vera gel one would use after a major sun burn. Because of this, I will use my fingers or a flat foundation brush to apply the product in a thin layer. I use this at night, and when I wake up in the morning, I find my blemishes smaller in size and less pigmented. 

While these are not Sephora products, here are just a few simple things that have worked out well for me. Thank you for reading!!!

I had a bad time with Bio Oil. It has (or at least had wh...

I had a bad time with Bio Oil. It has (or at least had when I tried it) lavender oil, which is an irritant so my acne and redness was worse. If you can find it in more organic type stores (whole foods and co-ops) organic cold pressed rose hip oil is very good for both acne and scarring. Also it's often overlooked but taking a vitamin A supplement orally really helps.

Re: Cheap but Effective Acne Scar Retail Remedies

i've heard so much about bio-oil but never used it. i should check that out. i've used pure vitamin e oil in the past on scars from cuts or scrapes. not really sure what works or what doesn't. i bought a gel pen from sephora collection years ago. i didn't really notice any results. have you tried mederma? people say it works - but it's pricey!

Re: Cheap but Effective Acne Scar Retail Remedies

I have not tried Mederma... I've never even heard of it!! I believe the BioOil does have vitamin E in it, which is great because you want to stay away from serums with mineral oils. They are comedogenic and can contain toxic ingredients. If you want to try BioOil, I think you may really like it. It has a nice, light scent. 🙂

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing