cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Acne

can i use Mario Badescu drying lotion while on Accutane? 

Tags:

RE: Acne

I used tea tree oil and diluted it with a little water since it was 100% tea tree oil. Dabbed it on my breakouts with a Qtip and it worked like a charm! I bought my tea tree oil on amazon. Used this while on the tane had no problems! Side not if your lips are going through hell like mine did grab yourself some bite beauty agave chapstick. Saved my lips when aquaphore and Vaseline didn’t.

Re: Acne

@Anonymous As general advice i would say no harsh actives while on accutane, but it really depends on your skin. If you're just starting, in months one or two, absolutely not. You don't yet know how the drug will effect you and the drying lotion could make things worse. If you're past your third month and not experiencing much dryness, then try a test patch somewhere that is till on your face but not as visible, like by your ear so your hair can cover. Listen to your skin, if it is dry and flaky don't push it. If you're still experiencing frequent breakouts, the best advice i can give it to wait them out. Accutane takes some time to work, be patient.  

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing