cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Acne Prone Skin, Help!

Hey everyone, 

I have been searching high and low for a am and pm skincare that I can do. My routine is close to none right now. I'm using a clinique sensitive skin cleanser, neutrogena hydrogel moisturizer and that's it. I have blackheads everywhere, my skin is full of old pimple marks, and it's so dry. I need all the advice and help. Thank you! 

Re: Acne Prone Skin, Help!

Hey lovely, 

I also have the same concern and wanted to share some of the things that have personally worked for me. Above all else - PATIENCE. I am by far no skin care expect but I will say, people tend to ask me about skin care advice and tips, particularly for acne/oily skin. There are quite a number of factors that will go into you tailoring a skincare routine that works for you, particularly cost. Skincare, can be expensive, but it can also totally be worth the investment. I know you mentioned blackheads and old acne marks: I particularly would suggest products with glycolic, lactic, or salicylic acid in them (or another sort of chemical exfoliant). I personally use all three acids in some form in one of my products. I particularly enjoy chemically exfoliating with a toner - such as Tarte Knockout Tingling Treatment or a mask (pick your poison - I enjoy Prism (Herbivore) and Saturn (Sunday Riley). Cleansers are also important. I know you mentioned the Clinique one, but since you are using Neutrogenia Hydro-Boost moisturizer, have you tried the gel cleanser? It hasn't dried my skin and I actually do feel it's one of the products that has helped me achieve more balanced skin. To keep this response from growing even more in length, (I can seriously chat) I would above all else just recommend some sort of "treatment" aspect to all (or as many) steps in your skin care. For example: my cleanser has hyaluronic acid in it for hydration, my facial oil has salicylic acid in it (good for pores/acne prone skin), mask, toner, etc. Most importantly when using acids: USE SUNSCREEN! Super Goop has an invisible one that I enjoy and plays nice with my skin care (i.e. doesn't ball up over top of my facial oils). Also, RETINOL can be an option;  either in skincare or prescription strength by seeing a dermatologist. However some of my favorite retinoids are Luna Oil (Sunday Riley) and Glow Cycle Retin-ALT Power Serum (Olehenriksen). I wish I could explain more but I was trying not to talk your total head off lol. I hope this helps. Feel free to reach back out and let us know how your hunting for the "dream skin routine" for you has turned out. XOXO - Alex OH. P.S. Try to stay away from skin lightening agents such as hydroquinone (Murad has some products with it in them). Its not to say that you can't use them, I would just personally try a chemical exfoliant first, since they also help with resurfacing versus just lightening scars/hyprepigmentation. 

Re: Acne Prone Skin, Help!

Hello - i know Murad Clarifying products worked really well for my niece.  Also First Aid Beauty Acne Clearing Pads are gentle but effective.  Proper diet and water intake make a difference too, however finding the product that works is always the best!  Hope you give Murad or First Aid Beauty a try and get the results you are looking for.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing