Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Accutane products

I am about 3-4 weeks into my accutane treatment. As a little background, I am fair skinned and have struggled with acne flair ups for the past couple years. I get breakouts around my chin and a little bit on my cheeks. I am noticing that the accutane is really bringing out all of my breakouts (my skin is worse since starting than it was before) obviously I am beginning to get dry as well but honestly not bad. 
I wasn’t a huge makeup user beforehand. My routine was mostly just a cc cream bronzer blush mascara. However with these big breakouts at the moment I am so self conscious and want to cover them but also stay hydrated and not end up looking worse with the coverage. 
so what are some recommendations? I guess I am just looking for some sort of foundation or coverage and a concealer. Also curious what face wash and moisturizers are recommended. Also, can serums be used while taking and if so what kind?

thanks for any help and recommendations! 

Re: Accutane products

I completed two rounds of accutane during college. It was an awful but ultimately rewarding experience in the sense that most of my cystic acne cleared up. Here are some things that I currently use that are gentle and safe for oily/acne prone skin. 

1. Vanicream gentle facial cleaner ($10 on Amazon) 

2. Tatcha Water Cream Moisturizer (I use this in the AM)

3. The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane Oil (I use this as a PM moisturizer. This is the only oil that is safe for acne prone skin I’ve learned). 

In terms of safe makeup products, Beauty Blender  Bounce Liquid Whip Long Wear Foundation has been a game changer for me. I am not a fan of the packaging but the formula has great coverage and been pretty amazing with my skin. I’ve had a lot of success with it. Good luck! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing