lyravega

It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Matte Luxe Shadow Palette Swatches

[ Edited ]

For all of you who might be interested, here are some swatches of this beautiful palette:

( In natural light )

( In artificial lighting )

( In different kind of artificial lighting ( white ), not with the camera flash )

From left to right: Sheer Joy ( not really visible on my pale skin ), Soft Light, Warmth, Soulful, Mocha, Violet, Midnight, Noir, Love ( barely there ), Sunrise, Sunset, All Heart, Java and Iconic. Aaaand I forgot to swatch the transforming shade. :smileyhappy: I'll do it tomorrow. I have to take a photo of the swatches outside with natural light, anyway.

As you can see, the eye shadows are not what is considered to be true matte ( not in my book anyway :smileyhappy: ). They have subtle, barely there, sheen to them. They are so incredibly soft and buttery, very pigmented, they blend very easily, all in all very easy to work with, and they are simply gorgeous! :smileyhappy: Full review after I play around with them for awhile... :smileywink:

The packaging is kind of cheap looking. It's simply cardboard, with some plushy/velvety looking fabric on the outside. It's dirty pink. And I mean it really, really looks dirty. Not very appealing at all. But it's functional. It has a very strong magnet that keeps the palette securely closed. And it has a mirror inside. All in all, I don't like the packaging at all, except the strong magnet which I actually really like. But the thing is - I love the eye shadows so much, I don't even care about the packaging! :smileyvery-happy: But I have to say, I actually like this packaging way more than the packaging of TF Chocolate Bar palette which is a complete disaster! Now, THAT is a cheap stuff right there! Absolutely terrible!

And here they are, as promised - the swatches in natural light:

The long swatch all the way on the left side is Transforming Perl. I didn't swatch the shades with this transforming shade over them, because, honestly, I don't care about transforming this beautiful colors into something else. But if you'd like to see how the shades look "transformed", let me know. I'll swatch them for you :smileywink:

gogreyhound

Re: It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Matte Luxe Shadow Palette Swatches

(0) Hearts

Well, I know this is an old thread, but I finally pulled the trigger on this one! I missed out on the Tarte Be Matteficent one,, and now I am kicking myself. I have been stalking the IT one for quite some time, and figure I better get it while I can. Seeing the swatches again makes me even more excited! Thanks again for showing this!!

CeliaV

(0) Hearts

You'll be pleased.  It's lovely.

aviscardi

For those that didn't get it , 25% off their website til 4/8. Code CELEBRATE

tanyab84

Thanks so much for posting this! The 25% discount was just what I needed to push me over the edge and order the palette! :smileyhappy:

aviscardi

FYI, Paula's Choice also just came out with an all matte palette. and wayne goss was "consulting" on it. the pkg looks cheap tho, mostly warm tones. I saw a few swatches here and there but i'm not sure

lyravega

(0) Hearts

Thanks. I do already know about that palette. It's an all matte palette ( matte eye shadow junky here, hello!!! :smileyvery-happy: ), and normally I'd be all over it ( the same I'm all over any all matte palette ),... but I'm not crazy about those colors. At all. I do love my neutrals, but this is just... Well, let me use Lari's words: "...the colors really make me yawn." :smileyhappy: ( Thank you, Lari :smileywink: )

LariTheLoud

I heard of the Paula's Choice Nude Mattes palette, and I've seen swatches... regardless of how nice the shadows are, the colors really make me yawn. I understand that the PC palette is incredibly versatile especially for beauties that love their nudes, but this IT Cosmetics palette just appeals to me more personally with its range of shades. :smileyhappy:

LuckyLuLu13

I also have this palette but purchased from QVC. I have only used it maybe twice, not sure why. The swatches that you have are gorgeous and the palette looks so pretty in your pix. My palette looks muddy to me maybe because they are matte(sheen). I'll have to play around with this some more, maybe applying with a little heavier hand will make the colors look better.

lyravega

(0) Hearts

I'm pale as ghost... Maybe that's why the colors look as they look on me. I'm bummed that at least color pay off is not the same for you. Primer, or no primer, the colors are so pigmented, they're just popping!

NikkiShops

I couldn't handle it anymore!!!  I went over to It Cosmetics and used the 20% off and purchased this beautiful palette.  I'm tired of looking at swatches and driving myself crazy with the should I, shouldn't I.  Hahaha... Totally enabled but I'm ok with that!!  :-D

lyravega

(0) Hearts

LOL!!! That sounds familiar. I'm the same :smileyvery-happy:

NurseCupcake

I've been going back and forth on this one, i may have to break down and get it! 

lyravega

Do its! We must have the precious!!! :smileywink:

snowshoe

[ Edited ]

I'm sure I already posted in this thread, but I'll have to say it again:  this is THE best matte palette out there.   Worth every penny and then some.

UD should be taking careful notes from IT as to how to do a matte palette right, instead of relying on the Naked theme and risque shade names to push a lousy palette.  THIS palette shows you how it should be done.

And yes, for the record, I do like a lot of UD's products.  But they dropped the ball big-time with Naked Basics.

lyravega

(0) Hearts

Agreed!

LariTheLoud

I cannot tell you how many times I've returned to this thread to stare at the swatches. I think it's a sign.

lyravega

(0) Hearts

You still didn't get the Precious?! Tsk, tsk, tsk... :smileywink:

LariTheLoud

No excuse now. There's a 25% off sale. GUESS WHO HAS IT READY TO GO NOW?

lyravega

[ Edited ]

25% off is a fantastic deal! Lol, go, Lari, go! :smileywink: I hope you will enjoy this palette as much as I do.

I have some Sugarpill eye shadows + a palette, on the way ( that I bought when I finally talked myself out of buying the Electric palette... for now :smileyvery-happy: )... and I just can't wait to put my paws on them!!!

lgailb

Simply gorgeous :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 81 replies
  • 135 hearts
  • 37 in conversation
    • daisies121
    • lyravega
    • aviscardi