Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@Sunnysmom ooh, those do sound promising!  I need to make it to a store to swatch them for myself now 😊.

@Sunnysmom  Nope, haven’t tried these yet. I want to swatch them all in-store because in the brand’s model photos, some shades look too similar. For instance, I can imagine 2 of the red shades looking exactly the same on my natural lip coloring; won’t know for certain til I swatch ‘em on my hand and a white tissue (so I can really see the base color). 

Also, I know this is asking too much of this brand (they’re not known for “unconventional” or fun bold shades of anything; eh, their liquid eyeshadows come close, for folks who love pastels) but, I’d love to see at least one shade beyond the safe range of nudes, reds, and berries. I’m bored by all these safe lipstick shade ranges by so many brands. I should be happy about that since it’s helping me not buy much lipstick lately. 😂 But c’mon guys, can’t you at least slip a true purple shade into your lipstick line? Even a brighter bolder pink would be good. Nothing in ILIA’s shade range is beyond the mundane. They’re pretty, don’t get me wrong, and I do love reds and berries in general so it’s not like I wouldn’t buy and wear one. I’m just tired of all the safety shades that have flooded the market. 

On a more positive note, it’s good to hear these crayons aren’t drying and are long wearing. 👍 I might see these as potential replacements of my beloved Lipstick Queen Cupid’s Bow crayons, which I will lovingly cling to until they finally go bad. 

I hear you @WinglessOne . It’s true these are very safe shades. It would be fun if they expanded tho I don’t really see it as being part of their brand maybe? Wish they would! I am swatching the ones I got and the differences are the typical subtle ones you will recognize. True neutral red, blue red vs orange red that I did not get. Debated the Kiln Berry but it seemed more common too. Not that the ones I got aren’t! 🥹 I do really like them tho. I have always liked their lips even tho not totally remarkable. Very comfortable and good for throwing on. I. Have. Plenty. Lol 

Those are some nice shades @Sunnysmom . Glad they're good!

Pretty! I swatched a couplein store but didn’t buy any (for once, lol) @Sunnysmom 

I bought the new lightest shade of the LYS bronzer stick

LYS Beauty No Limits Cream Bronzer and Contour Stick Motivate on top and LYS Beauty No Limits Cream Bronzer and Contour Stick Hope on bottom.

These are super creamy, definitely lean warmer, but this lightest shade is the coolest one so far.

IMG_2777.jpeg

Thanks @sister13 , I wondered as well! I’m sure they’re as creamy as the LYS blush which are so fantastic. Nice to see a cooler tone! 

Yes they’re super creamy and blendable! @Sunnysmom 

Thanks for the swatches @sister13 !

👍👍👍 @makeitup305 

@sister13  oh I was just wondering about how these looked! Thank you for sharing!

Great! @caitbird 

These are pretty, @sister13 !  Thanks for sharing!

You’re welcome! @Titian06 

I was going through my collection and then realized how many iterations of this shade I have lol 

In case anyone is interested: House of Hur in Cheery Blossom, Em Cosmetics Rose Milk, Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blush Virtue , Saie Dew Blush Blendable Liquid Blush Rosy , Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Magic Hour , MAKEUP BY MARIO Soft Pop Plumping Blush Veil Barely Blushing , MAC in So Natural, Fwee in  My. 

I missed adding ROSE INC Cream Blush Refillable Cheek & Lip Color Heliotrope and maybe one or two other shades. I've bought all of these except for the Rare Beauty, which was kindly gifted by @TeamBIC  I think I usually go for this shade because it's an easy one to wear and test out if I'm not familiar with the formula. 

20240509_173903.jpg20240509_174224.jpg20240509_174126.jpg

Nice!! @makeitup305 

thanks @sister13 ! It was interesting to see them all together. 

So funny when we realize we buy the same color over and over again! I mean not the SAME SAME!! @makeitup305 

@sister13 same same but different lol. I will say these have different formulations and finishes so maybe they're different enough? 😜

Thanks @makeitup305 , I love to see these kind of comparisons! Well, it just goes to prove you love what you love and know what looks great on you! 🥰 

@Sunnysmom idk if it's even the most flattering on me, it's just an easy one to throw on because it goes with almost anything. 

1 Reply
testing