AshOtto

Good products for dry heels? Ewk!

Hey ladies!

So I do a lot of running and my heels sometimes get super dry. Between pedicures, i lotion under my feet or use vaseline, it seems as though there are times where none of these products work. :smileysad:

Any ideas of great products? Dried heels are super gross.

AshOtto

Re: Good products for dry heels? Ewk!

(0) Hearts

Hey loves!!

Im back with an update about my troublesome heels and they feel amazing! Ive been using a pumice stone during my showers (sometimes twice a day) and applying Auqaphor to each foot. It works great since it is absorbed into your skin. A pharmacist informed me that A&D ointment's (if you used it) longevity is quite short, as it is a topical cream. Thanks so much for all of your suggestions but most of all my FEET thank you. How do you know your heels have come a long way? When someone else can touch them and you can be at ease :smileyhappy:. Thanks a trillion.

AshOtto

Hey guys!

So i ended up using vaseline and the cotton socks last night & earlier today i did an Epsom salt w/ chamomile soak, used the pumice and applied Aquaphor with the cotton soaks. Thanks lovely ladies for all of your suggestions and i will keep you all posted with my results! :womanhappy:

krunce

(0) Hearts

Ya, I was actually going to recommend this! I think that's one of the best ways of doing an intensive treatment :smileyhappy: (if I could sleep in socks, I would do this every night)

AshOtto

Wahhh!! where have you guys been all my life?! :smileyhappy:

vanillammm

(0) Hearts

Lush Lemony Flutter! It is fantastic for dry heels (and elbows, and cuticles) and it smells divine - like lemon candy. Go get you some, you will not regret it.

AshOtto

(0) Hearts

Hii vanillammm, I  LOVE smell goods. I was leaning towards to Flexitol and A and D mentioned but i doubt they are scented...lol i know im being a bit bougie for someone who needs to fix her heel situation LMAO...where do i get the Lush Lemon from?!

vanillammm

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

On the Lush USA website.

Lots of good reviews on the site, too.

You can order it online, or grab it at a Lush store near you. They will give you a take home sample if you want to try before you buy, but I know you wont regret the purchase. 

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

I asked a similar question and got some real good recommendations:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/All-Other-Concerns/New-runner-s-feet-need-some-TLC/m-p/621181#M1263

AshOtto

(0) Hearts

Thanks! lol you always manage to direct me to more insightful info! <3

kimchikween

I have a bunch of threads bookmarked - so much useful information out there!.  :smileyhappy:

Oh - if you want to use a real :heart: icon, here's my list of all the smiley codes :smileywink:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Looking-for-the-smileys-available-for-BT-I-ve-found-them/m...

AshOtto

(0) Hearts

Life saver...you...are!

DLWrules

(0) Hearts

a & d ointment.  It doesn't smell lovely, but it works wonders on cracked heels and hands.

AshOtto

(0) Hearts

Thanks everyone...so helpful and informative! :smileyhappy:

bratknits

(0) Hearts

The oldies are the goodies for me, I use Bag Balm or anything containing lanolin (patch test first as some people are allergic to lanolin).  I do put socks on over it before bed, both tend to be quite greasy but work wonders.

garnett

I have feet that get dry and cracked very easily.  The very best product I have used on my heels is a drugstore cream called FLEXITOL. The active ingredient is urea.  It doesn't just moisturize, it causes the dead skin to gently  slough off. It does not cause me any irritation.  It's not expensive and it's very effective. I use it at bedtime. Both my manicurist and podiatrist are very impressed with the results. 

ashhay

AshOtto,

I feel your pain. Running can be tough on the feet. I would suggest ordering pretty feet and hands. You simply rub this lotion on dry feet and all that dead scaly skin starts to fall off while you rub. I would also suggest taking baths every night instead of showers and apply Vaseline or aquapor on your feet and cotton sock on each foot nightly. You may be hot at night but your feet while be baby soft.

AshOtto

(0) Hearts

Thanks much Ashhay! Vaseline is on my feet as i speak! lol

ashhay

(0) Hearts

Lol.....I hope you weren't hot last night!

bgirling

(0) Hearts

I will pumice my feet and then use Burt's Bees coconut foot creme with socks before bed.

AshOtto

(0) Hearts

Def love Burts Bees products...will def try that...Thanks so much bgirling :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • ashhay
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • garnett
    • vanillammm
    • krunce
    • bgirling