From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Skincare Aware

Skincare Aware

• 414116 Members
  • 15271 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

For those who skinCARE about their face and body routines. Discover the best skincare product recommendations and get answers to common questions about 3, 5, or even 10 step routines.

For those who skinCARE about their face and body routines. Discover the best skincare product recommendations and get answers to common questions about 3, 5, or even 10 step routines.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Skincare Aware
Tower 28 SOS Skin Spray smells like chlorine/bleach
|
Re: Tower 28 SOS Skin Spray smells like chlorine/bleach
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: It really does give off a strong sent of chlorine/bleach.when I first got it I was confused on why it smelt so strong I got the bi ...read more
It really does give off a strong sent of chlorine/bleach.when I first got it I was confused on why it smelt so strong I got the biggest bottle
Drunk Elephant
|
Re: Drunk Elephant
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: In my case, yes. Don't get me wrong, some drunk elephant products are very helpful and are not harmful to the skin (same with glow ...read more
In my case, yes. Don't get me wrong, some drunk elephant products are very helpful and are not harmful to the skin (same with glow recipe) but lots of them are not necessary and can be harmful/damaging in a teen/tween's situation. If you are trying to follow trends and stay in the loop, bubble is a really good alternative to drunk elephant. It's also more affordable, and made by a mom with teens/tweens. For the glow recipe side of things, I love a lot of their products. There are some I would definitely avoid like the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL, Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops Serum, and the Glow Recipe Strawberry Smooth BHA + AHA Salicylic Acid Serum, and basically anything with the word serum or chemicals included in the main label. The pink juic moisturizer is a must though. 10/10 definitely recommend.
Skincare
|
Re: Skincare
NEWCOMER II INSIDER
Reply: I loveee Beauty of Joseon (their oil cleanser>>>) and Purito SEOUL. Legit would die for their unscented centella serum. SKIN1004 h ...read more
I loveee Beauty of Joseon (their oil cleanser>>>) and Purito SEOUL. Legit would die for their unscented centella serum. SKIN1004 has great sunscreen too. I like the BOJ sunscreen stick for reapplication because it’s matte, too. The Ordinary has really nice, staple second step cleansers. Prefer them because their pricing is fair and I dislike the Cerave ones (just don’t work for me 😴) I ADORE the LANEIGE moisterizer!!! Genuinely life changing (+ their hylauronic acid serum is sooo goood too.) My favourite from them is definitely the cream skin toner though!! Truly my holy grail.
Skincare
|
Re: Skincare
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @callmekk Welcome to BIC! ...read more
@callmekk Welcome to BIC!
NewPersonAlert
|
Re: NewPersonAlert
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Ummm... I'm looking for makeup and skincare products. Don't really have a budget yet, but not looking for anything too expensive ...read more
Ummm... I'm looking for makeup and skincare products. Don't really have a budget yet, but not looking for anything too expensive
Ambassador Curated
National SPF Day ☀️
|
Re: National SPF Day ☀️
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Question: what’s a good sunscreen for acne prone skin? I find a lot of sunscreens break me out, but of course sunscreen is importa ...read more
Question: what’s a good sunscreen for acne prone skin? I find a lot of sunscreens break me out, but of course sunscreen is important to me and my skincare routine. Any suggestions?
Recent images from this conversation
Help! I want some skincare recs/ tips
|
Re: Help! I want some skincare recs/ tips
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: No one here is a doctor @haileyxyx28 they can't give you a diagnosis. Your best bet is to go to your family doctor or your dermato ...read more
No one here is a doctor @haileyxyx28 they can't give you a diagnosis. Your best bet is to go to your family doctor or your dermatologist and get a diagnosis, so you know what is going on with your skin. 🩵
Recent images from this conversation
New Post in Skincare Aware
Hard water versus soft or filtered water?
My skin has always given me low key problems, even into my 50s. I took care of it very well and used good products, but I’d still ...read more
My skin has always given me low key problems, even into my 50s. I took care of it very well and used good products, but I’d still get tiny whiteheads on my chin and nose area and transient red marks on my skin. I finally realized my skin was great with soft water. Not wanting to switch to soft water, I bought a faucet filter (on the advice of a dermatologist online) that will filter out most of the irritants in hard water like chlorine and calcium carbonate, just to name a few. The company also provided my local water quality report. Arsenic!Day one with the filter there was a significant difference. My skin was soft and more even toned. Rarely a breakout. No redness on my face. I do have sensitive skin. Has anyone else realized this type of reaction to hard water?
Sunscreen
|
Re: Sunscreen
NEWCOMER III INSIDER
Reply: Any recommendations for great MINERAL sunscreens at Sephora that work well with sensitive skin and are noncomedogenic?
Any recommendations for great MINERAL sunscreens at Sephora that work well with sensitive skin and are noncomedogenic?
i need help plz plz!!
|
Re: i need help plz plz!!
GO-GETTER IV INSIDER
Reply: @MeagannHer I would recommend seeing a dermatologist or your family physician.You can try Diffirin gel as it is now an OTC. It he ...read more
@MeagannHer I would recommend seeing a dermatologist or your family physician.You can try Diffirin gel as it is now an OTC. It helped me when I had acne.
211,404 Posts