Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

DO NOT BUY DRUNK ELEPHANT!

Ok, so I was sucked into drunk elephants advertising and aesthetic packaging. It was all over TikTok, YouTube, instagram, you name it. I decided that since everyone was saying it was so good that I would try it. I bought the B-hydra intensive hydration serum. FIRST OF ALL: the price tag for this product was 50 dollars! Which in my opinion is a total rip- off. According to founder Tiffany Masterton, she said it was safe for all skin. She believes in the “ suspicious 6” which is totally not true. Coming from a woman who doesn’t even wash her face every day!! I used this and tested it on a small portion of my skin to make sure it was safe. I woke up to that part of skin inflamed and covered with bumps. I immediately returned the product and got my money back. This is a warning for everyone who is interested in buying drunk elephant. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!! Even if this product works well on your skin I think it is not work the price. I found the perfect dupe, ordinary B5 hyaluronic acid serum which is only 8 dollars and still delivers hydration to your face. In conclusion, this whole drunk elephant is a scam and is just a brand that was over hyped by popular influencers. I hope I saved you all from wasting your money!!! Happy shopping!!!

- Lili🥰

Re: DO NOT BUY DRUNK ELEPHANT!

You’re so right!!! Even if the products work for you, they’re still SO EXPENSIVE. it’s just not worth the money. There are so many dupes, that sometimes work better for so much less. Drunk elephant is a complete scam. 

Thanks so much for the PSA! 🙏🩷

So true! You can get dupes for an insanely lower price, the packaging at be cute, but you shouldn’t waste your many on these expensive and overrated products! 124 DOLLARS FOR A MOISTURIZER “50 ml”?! Gosh!

@LiliWallace Wow! You made a really safe choice patch testing! I’ve seen some people just rub it all over when they get a new product and I always get a bit nervous for them.

I totally agree with you Lili. Drunk elephant gave my skin nasty eczema and if you still want a trendy brand, glow recipe keeps your skin hydrated and healthy. Same with the ordinary 😝😝☺️☺️😊🤭😘

I completely agree Lilli. Drunk Elephant may look cute on TikTok but what happens to your skin (especially sensitive and acne prone skin like mine) is as far from cute as you can get. I was gifted a mini polypeptide cream and tested it on a small area of my face l, like u said. That area of my face was so broken out and I still have some scars (note this was about 5 months ago.) Thank you for deinfluencing this product. 

Drunk elephant is for 8 year olds who put 10 different retinols on lol.

No my 8 year old niece has like a hundred diff drunk elephant products and she post each one she gets on tiktok

I meant for me I love drunk elephant 🤷🏻‍♀️

I feel like u r just saying that to hype up ordinary. One of my friends has the same one u had and she loves it so I will be byeing it. And EVERYONE DO NOT LISTEN TO HER

@LiliWallace  I personally don’t love it either and I think that a lot of people say that it is good because of its reputation on TikTok, however a product that is slightly cheaper, although not by a lot, and way more hydrating, is the LANEIGE Water Bank Blue Hyaluronic Serum it still has a similar twisty pump and I personally think that it is 10x better that the b-hydra, and I will forever repurchase this product.

@Leah1229 I love the laneige serum too! It's so hydrating!

Skincare is always YMMV. I'm sorry you had that experience with the B Hydra, but that doesn't mean it's not a great product for others. I happen to love B Hydra and have had terrible experiences with The Ordinary. While there may be some dupes for cheaper price points, there's also nothing wrong with purchasing whatever fits into your budget if it's something that works for you and you enjoy it. 

I completely agree!! I use a lot of like semi hyped skincare products. I agree that some people have some good experiences and some people definitely don’t have that!! But just because it doesn’t work for some people doesn’t mean that it completely not a good brand! Though I do have my unfair share of drunk elephant products going wrong with me, doesn’t mean I go around saying that it’s a terrible brand 🙂

I completely agree with this!! drunk elephant is a complete waste. I used the polypeptide moisturizer on my skin and it literally gave me bumps the next morning including the day serum is supposed to take away dead skin but turns out into me having a huge breakout. It’s very overhyped and over-influenced by a lot of tik tokers, influencers etc. I’ve also been seeing to many kids under the age of 14 use these products and waste their whole money or their parents money for a skincare product that’s not even for their age or skin! This brand is not good PLEASE do not buy this. If this product somehow works for you then you must have luck, but overall not good product at ALL. please listen and trust me. 

Conversation Stats
testing