Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What's New Wednesday: Loubilaque

07.06_WNW.jpg

Loubilaque Lip Lacquer

For the ultimate in elegant sophistication, check out this bold new lacquer from Christian Louboutin. Nobody combines intense color and bold shine like the master designer. Louboutin’s iconic shoes with their trademark lacquered soles inspired the brand’s incredible nail polish, and now the brilliant shine of patent leather raises lip lacquer to a work of art.

In keeping with the designer’s vision of beauty as art, the component itself is as striking as the effect it creates. The bottle is designed to resemble a crystalline mermaid tail pattern. The design highlights the intense hue of the contents and is topped with a crowned cap reminiscent of Middle Eastern antiquities and the Art Deco movement. All shades come with a gold cap except for the classic signature shade, Rouge Louboutin, which is topped in silver and gold.

The formula itself comes in eight shades from nude to bright. Even the nude shades offer daring results thanks to the incredible pigment concentration and high shine of the formula. For the ultimate in chic and breathtaking beauty, check out these fabulous lacquers that can only be Louboutin. –Kris G.

Do you even Loubilaque? Show & Tell!

Anonymous Insider

Re: What's New Wednesday: Loubilaque

Nope. Beautiful but waaaaaay too expensive.

I have Loubiton nail polish, a coordinating Mani kit (base and top coat w/ accessories  and a Lou Lipstick - all were gifted to me by a very dear friend, what a wonderful surprise. 😊 I wouldn't be sble to go there, price wise. I almost want to put them under glass and set up some kind of alarm. They're so beautiful, but the fact that my friend was so generous and thoughtful is what really makes them so special. I am a lipaholic, so you Know this is making me drool!

The description is mouth watering. I didn't check the price yet, but based on others comments and the fact that it's Lou = not doable for me, unfortunately.

That's just money flushed down the toilet. No, seriously, just paid $125.00 to plumber last Saturday, and he will be back. So, really is $$ flushed. But a girl can always dream. **sigh**

Would love to have and fun to try, but as @H216 said, it's definitely a try before buy situation and that creeps me out too, Gives me the willies! @purly - You're Killing Me!!! A girl after my own heart. ❤

These are gorgeous, the packaging is definitely very luxe and unique. However... it does feel silly to purchase these with that price. Tati featured these on her latest WTF video, and her review was less than raving. The shades are totally dupable, and unless you're buying these only BECAUSE they are Louboutin, there is really no reason to purchase these. I suppose I can see why someone who may be a makeup collector would want these as well, but I don't necessarily know if these are at the point where they are a "collectable" yet. 

The CL lipstick I bought turned white'ish and now it doesn't leave any color.  Just a greasy film like good 'ole Chapstick.  It is stored with all my other makeup that didn't 'spoiled.'

Can I get an exchange?  @KatieBT

@purly, love your reissue and classic flap! 

😉  

so pretty, but SO expensive 

On the one hand, I love Louboutin. See my collection:

IMG_0008.JPG

On the other, I just don't think of CL as a makeup brand. Sorry, it's just not!

Also, why do they look like Christmas ornaments?

"I don't need it and I'm not gonna buy it!" is my new motto. Thanks Kimberly. 😄

The finish looks incomparable but for me, it would definitely require a 'try before you buy' and I just have the heebie jeebies about trying any lip products in store from a 'communal' tube no matter the precautions taken. Also, for me the packaging is not to my liking, but if the product looks like it does in the ads, I think I'll definitely be trying it someday!

If they were $50 like the nail polishes I may have looked at them. At this price, it's not even a consideration.

These glosses look absolutely stunning, though I am not willing to pay more than $50 for any lip product.

Kimberly Clark told me I do not need this. I think I will listen.

While they are beautiful, at $115 CAD each I can't justify getting even one. I will have to live vicariously through those who do get one.

I realllllly really want Akenana but I do not have enough money for such luxuries! I'll have to thrive through other peoples swatches :P!

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 32 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos2
  • 07.06_WNW.jpg
  • IMG_0008.JPG
testing