lala13

POWDER

(0) Hearts

I have combo oily skin & I need a really good powder to set my foundation with, but that won't make me look cakey. Also I want it to last most of the day without having to Blot...I've already tried MUFE HD powder & it left a white cast & i've also tried Too Faced primed & poreless, its great for setting my under eye concealer, but id like something a bit different for the rest of my face....Any suggestions??? HLEP!!!

dianabt

Re: POWDER

Hi lala13,

Lylysa has great tips for you and hit it right on the head! If you want something to help absorb oils and shine, the MUFE HD powder won't do too much for you-It's meant to be a super lightweight setting powder to keep your makeup in place but only a tiny amount is needed before that whitish cast does appear.

I like the Urban Decay DeSlick powder as well as the Clinique Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder and Laura Mercier Smooth Focus Pressed Setting Powder-Shine Control.

Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder    Smooth Focus Pressed Setting Powder - Shine Control

You may even want to try a loose powder that you can use to absorb some extra shine and also as a setting powder for makeup. :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lylysa

(0) Hearts

Good idea on mentioning the loose powder bit, Diana! They tend to be very fine in texture too!

I found that rather risk carrying a giant case of loose powder and risk it getting all over your purse/make up bag, swirl some up in a retractable kabuki brush and just carry that with you!

I like Too Faced's version as it's super soft, synthetic hairs don't absorb oil to breed bacteria (still use brush cleaner/wash it regularly) and it doesn't get scratchy or rough.

lylysa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

The MUFE HD powder is meant to be more of a finishing powder rather than one to be reapplied over and over or for touch ups as it's comprised of silica, which when caked or built up upon, will just layer itself on itself and rather than refract and bend light around imperfections to smooth the look of skin, it will in fact reveal itself and be visible since the silica spheres don't get worked into the skin but merely lay on top of it.

Try using a translucent powder or one meant for oil-absorbtion like Urban Decay's DeSlick powder or Too Faced's Absolutely Invisible powder. Both are sheer, light weight, and don't get cakey with reapplying.

Also, rather than using a sponge or powder puff which will apply a dense amount of powder, try finding a flat, compact make up brush like the one below:

Benefit's Hello Flawless also comes with one, plus a sponge for variations for application:

http://www.sephora.com/hello-flawless-spf-15-P231510?skuId=1153394

That product can be used as a powder foundation (which is well suited for oily skin) or for mild touch ups (since the product is tinted, use the brush to touch up so you're not "caking" on a lot of color/product throughout the day).

If you're wanting to decrease the reapplication/touch up process, what by chance are you using to prime your skin prior to foundation application and what products are you using?

Sometimes it helps to have a whole regimen tailored to treat/combat oil rather than rely solely on one factor or product to do the job.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • lala13
    • dianabt
    • lylysa