What is the best face moisturizer for my flaky, yet oily skin?

My face is pretty dry right after I wash it in the morning.  I use the CVS brand of Cetaphil as my dermatologist suggested that when I told him how my face gets very red and splotchy.  Not long after I use that moisturizer/lotion, my skin becomes oily and flaky especially in between my eyebrows and on my forehead.

Can anyone suggest for me a decent priced product that I could use that would help moisturize my skin without causing flakes and oil?

Thanks!

Marissa

Answers: 3
Answered
(0) Hearts

I love Josie Maran Argan Oil to help with flakiness, but if you want a great price point then try First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream.

It is great for all skin types and will hydrate you very well.  It is a richer cream, so you may want to start using it at night.

xoxo

Jill

Answered
(0) Hearts

If you're tight after cleansing, it's because you stripped all the oil off.  (There IS a such thing as "good" oil!)  That's prob making you flaky, too.

I use Murad's Anti-Aging Moisturizer during the day but use their Vitamin C cleanser and night cream before bed.  So, I control the oil during the day but feed my skin water and antioxidants at night when it's repairing itself.

Answered
(0) Hearts

The best by far is moisture surge from Clinique, but it's very pricy.  So what I do is wait for their gift and hope one is in it, I use Dramatically Different Gel most of the time, I like it quite a bit, if you need more moisture use vitamin e oil at night.  The DDG is $24, it's affordable I think, one bottle lasts me at least 3 months and I use 3 pumps a day, which is probable more than you need.  To help with flakes use St. Ives Apricot Scrub or I really like Clinique Exfoliating Scrub, fairly reasonable, $18 it lasted me almost a year using it weekly.

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 12 in conversation