Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

[ Edited ]

This thread is the place to post sneak peeks of new products and special collections and to discuss all things Marc Jacobs Beauty!

If you are an existing fan or have questions about a particular product or want to explore the brand for the first time, feel free to join the discussion. And of course feel free to post about anything else related to MJ beauty should you be so inclined! I'm curious to know everyone's experience with the brand.

Spoiler

How I began the discussion back in December 2015:
To start off, I recently purchased the LE Style Eye Con No. 20 Holiday Palette during the VIB sale, but I have yet to use it or even swatch the colors on myself. It is currently still in "sacred relic" mode in my mind, but I'm also intimidated as it is my first ever large palette purchase. I'm not an eyeshadow expert by any means, in knowledge nor in application. I would like to begin this discussion by inviting those of you who have this palette to post eye looks that you have created with it. I need some ideas! Smiley Very Happy

holiday2015_marcjacobs20palette001.jpg

Re: Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

Greenwood Park Mall in Indiana has 4 MJ bronzers in stock. I'd call first thing in the morning - they have them in the back as of last night. You may have to twist their arm to get them to hold one for you though.

Spoiler
I miss the old SA's - they had a TON of new product in the back and would not tell me what they had and even if I asked for a certain item they wouldn't tell me if they had it or not. They used to just pull out what I asked for since I was there to buy it anyways, but now they claim they can't "legally" sell it to me until the brand says it's okay to put it on the floor for sale. Whatever that's about - it's obviously been online for purchase as that's where I've seen it - just give me the precious already Smiley Very Happy.

[ Edited ]

Back in stock on the brand site

Spoiler
http://www.marcjacobsbeauty DOT com/omega-bronze/perfect-tan/MJ30004.html?dwvar_MJ30004_color=MJ3082

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 2.14.12 PM.png

I'm so tempted by this but I feel like every picture I see of it, the color looks wildly different!  (ie Bergdorf Goodman's vs Neiman Marcus's product photo).  Hopefully I can see this in person at some point

Bronzer back in stock at Bergdorf

Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 11.26.45 AM.png

Bronzer is back in stock on MJB website.

(0) Hearts

Missed it again!:/

(0) Hearts

@StephaniLynn Also on Neiman Marcus but backordered

THE NEW MJ TAN-TASTIC BRONZER AND BRUSH ARE NOW AVAILABLE AND IN STOCK ON NEIMIN MARKUS!!! 

New Le Marc Lip Creme coming 4/29

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 3.48.14 PM.png

(0) Hearts

It looks like lipstick version of UD eyeshadow RELISH. I don't need but I want !

I probably have many dupes of it but I still want this! So pretty 😍

@Mochapj, I think I have too many lipsticks but that color is so pretty! 

XOXO,
Marieke

Smiley Very Happy @MariekeBT I definitely have too many lipsticks, but this one is so gorgeous I think it'll have to join the family!

@Mochapj, perfect for fall, but since it's a little gloomy right now perfect for right now too Smiley Wink 

XOXO,
Marieke

The LE collection, including the bronzer, is in stock at Neiman Marcus. 

More swatches L-R MJ 102, MJ 104, hoola, charlotte tilbury sculpt, nars laguna. IMG_1218.JPG

FYI for anyone who liked the pouches that Sephora sent w/ the MJ rewards: they are offering a free mini pouch (not sure on the sizing) and two deluxes w/ a $50 order on MJ direct with code FESTIVAL

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere

[ Edited ]

Comparisson: the LE bronzer brush & the regular one. The hairs are definately different...the white brush is fluffier and less dense, so I think it'll apply powder better. The original brush is so dense that it can overapply bronzer. The white hairs are soft, but it's not the softest brush I've ever felt. It reminds me a lot of the new, redesigned Ecotools brushes. It's a beautiful brush but not an absolute $78 must have IMO Smiley HappyIMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

[ Edited ]

@JayJayyy Thank you so much for the comparison and review. I have the black bronzer brush and use it as a face brush. The new white one looks less dense and better suited to apply bronzer or blush. If you've had the chance to use the new brush I'd love to hear your thoughts on how it performs. Smiley Happy

Here is the white limited edition Marc Jacobs "Bronze" brush for anyone wondering....I own several of his regular line black brushes. This brush is right on par with them, if not better. The brush has a very good weight to it (feels expensive) and the finish is divine. The brush itself is way softer then any other Marc Jacobs brush I own. I regret nothing, even with the price tag. I think the new brushes quality is better then my Wayne Goss brushes and my Tom Ford brushes - but thats my personal opinion. Only one problem with the brush - I can't bring myself to put makeup on with it because its so white and so beautiful!!!!!!!

IMG_7353.jpg

IMG_7344.jpg

IMG_7330.jpg

IMG_7372.jpg

IMG_7334.jpg

Different background -

IMG_7379.jpg

Just for comparison Here is a photo of the new Marc Jacobs Tan-Tastic! compared to the Marc Jacobs contour duo in the shade Dream Filter 20. I love the contour powder in that duo - you can clearly see that it has more of a pink tone in the powder then the bronzer. The new shade reminds me of a Benefit Hoola type shade, perfect for contouring and bronzing. It is pulling more warm in this photo then in person. Very happy to have it!!!

IMG_7305.jpg

IMG_7368.jpg

@glossforevery1 I'm loving the cat paw that snuck in, hehe 

XOXO,
Marieke