Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

Glad to know it has a better texture, honestly their regular multiples can be very hit or miss. Some are creamy and easy to apply and others are dry as a bone. The previous red one was a "strawberry red" called Mauritanie from fall 2014. I think samples pop up on eBay from time to time.

I agree @KMariel. I have probably 15 or so multiples and most of them are decent texture, but a few have been crap; particularly Hot Sand which I returned twice thinking I had a defective one, but nope, just a bad product overall

I do recall the name Mauritanie - looking it up I see why I didn't look for it - I always bypass the matte ones.  I never realized it hadn't gotten released, though.  It's too bad, it looks like a pretty color!

I keep hoping one day they will rerelease Mauritius; the one deep red non matte multiple they used to make ages ago.  It was so pretty but I wasn't into multiples at the time 😞 I write Nars letters every year asking them to bring it back 😉

This is such a pretty coral red! It sure does look legitimate to me...

@k617 I'm fairly confident it is.

I spent quite some time comparing it to my multiple collection and nothing stood out, so if it's a fake, it's a really good fake.

I'm no expert in makeup fakes (because seriously, there are so many other things I'd counterfeit before doing makeup) but my experience in designer fakes is that even the best ones have SOME distinguishing feature that sets it apart and makes it obvious to someone who knows the brand. So, I'd say you're right!

I do remember someone posting that they got Apoline before it was even released on the Nars site. Must be press samples?

I think it is a press sample.

i recall the user I bought it from had those double ended contouring sticks listed before they went on sale too, so you're probably right 😉

that's gorgeous! eagerly await your review on this

Which audacious lipsticks are the ones being discontinued? I was searching back and couldn't find anything!! Thanks 🙂 

@sabrinas

Leslie

Jeanne
Geraldine

Michiyo

either Deborah or Marlene (Bubbly Michelle said Deborah, a user here who works for NARS said Marlene)

@Mochapj any must-haves from the list??

ETA:  Using the store locator, I discovered that Jeanne, Michiyo and Geraldine are no longer in stock anywhere near me but SiJCP, Leslie is online-only, and Marlene is not in stock at any stores. Deborah is still in stock at all my nearby stores (so maybe Marlene really is the one going?). Sorry if it's all old news, but I personally didn't realize they had already pulled the lipsticks from the shelves! 

@MK89 Personally all except Michiyo are faves of mine, so I was bummed to hear all of these were discontinued.

That said, my absolute fave is Geraldine, but I know most people don't feel the same way about orange that I do, so YMMV on my must haves 😉

Marlene is a pretty basic red.  Leslie is not too dissimilar to Mona.  Michiyo is in the same vein as Stefania.  

thanks! I might just end up getting Mona, it looks so good on everyone

Thank you! I was debating getting one or two from the Beauty.com sale but eh, I don't love any of those colors.

@MK89 jeanne became one of my very favorite reds of all time, so i was most bummed when she was on the list. just fyi.

@jemly I trust your recs, so I'll have to check it out 😉 thank you!

Beauty Dot Com has a 20% discount on Nars (25% for everything else on the site). The site is shutting down, so I vacillated between making a purchase now and waiting to see if there would be a big going-out-of-business sale, but I decided to pounce now. They have some things that are OOS elsewhere or discontinued. Welcome (soon) to my life, Geraldine. 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Is there a code @TKLJ? Thanks for the heads up... I wonder if it applies on top of the already discounted Nars Dual Intensity Palette.

Edit: Lol just added to my bag and it automatically subtracts; and yes, it applies to the palette (so it's around $50 w/o taxes :D)

I've been eyeing the Liquid Gold set since it was recently released, but I thought the mini multiple would be too dark on me, so I forgot about it.

Then while I was at a store, I tried on the multiple (South Beach) as a contour for my cheeks and blended it up as a blush. I looked so amazing.

So, now I am trying to choose between the set, or just buying the full sized multiple. I don't know how long it takes to use it up. I didn't try on the lip gloss or the illuminator, so I don't know if I really need them or not.

Opinions on these products?

I saw this on Zulily this morning - it's gorgeous!

Nars Kodoki Kabuki Lipstick Set:

Untitled5.png

_6653211.jpg

I've posted this in the WAYWT thread already but here is Mona on me. I'm also wearing the new Brow Defining Cream in Danakil and some other NARS stuff.

FullSizeRender3.jpg

Gorgeous, Mal.

5 Replies
testing