Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@Sunnysmom That is just so weird. I'm always amazed by how differently colors can pull on us individually. 401 is so far from coral on me, a color I cannot pull off. 

That's why I'm debating sending 400 back. I keep trying to love it, but it's just too orange on me. Go figure LOL!

I hear you @pixiedust2! Reds can drive me crazy as I get so fussy if they seem too orangey on me too. I don't like that! I'm going to have to do some serious comparing between 401,402,403 yet again! And in different light too then of course changes it all! Such problems we have eh?! 🤔🙃 Then I too keep seeing new shades and like them too @meganlisa! What are we to do! 

@Sunnysmom It's tough.  These are tough.  Really lovely. Just keep staring and try to stay away from our baskets....

Can someone please swatch the new Champagne pop palette with the Ulta exclusive afterglow palette that was released last holiday. I  think two of the blushes in the new palette maybe dupes of the afterglow palette. Thanks!

I believe Mochapj did that on another thread...I'll see if I can hunt it down and report back!

Ah, here we go: she posted it on the Becca thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/%EF%B8%8FBecca-thread/td-p/2431704

Thanks! Ok so not dupes but in the same colour family but more pigmented and a bit brighter. I feel that  Rose Spritz kind of looks like MACs expensive pink to me (or maybe a bit like MACs paradise). Need swatches to investigate this as I haven't seen the blush in person. Do you know what Mochapj's instagram handle is. Her swatches are great!

Amaretto reminded me of Wild Honey a little bit, that's the one I was curious to see. If someone has it to swatch against Amaretto it would be much appreciated!

20160519_194725.jpg

@alexasteph I compared those in the haul thread though it's probably well buried now. The top five are the Champagne face palette (Prosecco Pop, Champagne Pop, Pamplemousse, Amaretto, Rose Spritz) and then Flowerchild and Wild Honey

@kso1225 Thanks for reposting. Maybe Amaretto and Wild Honey aren't as similar as I thought, but Flowerchild and Pamplemoussse are quite similar. Ugh, I LOVE Rose Spritz though! I hope they release it individually or I can hunt down a dupe.

Thanks!! As any makeup lover will attest, the blushes are not real dupes  but I think they will look very similar on my cheeks. So although I'm excited to jump on the hype train, I'm going to reluctantly pass on this palette. 

paradisco*

I thought the same thing! I even said that to someone today when I was asked abut the new palette. I don't own it but I'm using the similarities to Afterglow and the fact I have Champagne Pop on it's own as justification for not purchasing it.

For @guzelkiz ! And also an unsolicited swatch

IMG_1398.JPG

IMG_1399.JPG

Indoor/office lighting is above, window lighting below.

Top to Bottom:

UD Shame

BITE LLLR 001

Marc Jacobs No Angel

BITE Amuse Bouche Honeycomb

**Notes on No Angel and Honeycomb: 

In the arm swatches they look similar, but Honeycomb is definitely more pink leaning than No Angel. It also looks paler/milkier on my lips than the MJ shade does, but that may have something to do with my natural lip color being a pale beige/mauve (my lips do not have much natural color to them). 

Ahh thank you @malday !  Wow Shame is redder than the Bite.  Not sure how that's going to fly.  My mom has been borrowing the Bite lipstick from me all the time so I'm searching for a similar color she'd wear and she doesn't like red reds.  So I guess I'll keep looking.  

I believe Nori is a little more similar to 001, just a little more brown if you want to try that?

I had Nori but that formula just does not work for me. Although since this is for my mom maybe it will work for her.  

@guzelkiz Not sure if these really help you, but I have swatches that include Shame (I was testing them against MJ Editrix). Would your mom like Editrix or NYX Siren? 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/m-p/2439069#M5395

@TKLJ So this is funny.  I actually ordered Editrix yesterday because the swatches made me think it's very similar to 001.  It is waiting at my UPS store so when I pick it up maybe tomorrow I'll let you know if it is similar.  Thanks for the swatches!  It really reiterates my own thinking.  I hope it works out!

Thank you for the comparison to Honeycomb!

I just got No Angel and love it, but I swatched it next to Honeyberry pencil (which I found nearly identical to Honeycomb) and decided I didn't need Honeycomb, as well.  

The fact that you've described Honeycomb as paler and milkier tells me I would not like it on me 🙂

@malday PLEASEEEE post a picture with Honeycomb on the lippies. I wanted to get this shade but was too scared that it would make me look washed out! 😃

2 Replies
testing