From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Savvy Shoppers

Savvy Shoppers

• 90400 Members
  • 778 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

A place for the savviest of beauty shoppers to share beauty promotions and sales with other members of the beauty community.

A place for the savviest of beauty shoppers to share beauty promotions and sales with other members of the beauty community.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Savvy Shoppers
Ulta GWPs
|
Re: Ulta GWPs
HALL OF FAMER I INSIDER
Reply: New gwp, choice of two at $60 And a new bonus points offer for credit card holders  
New gwp, choice of two at $60 And a new bonus points offer for credit card holders  
Recent images from this conversation
Shopping
|
Re: Shopping
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @stunned the site definitely has some glitches once in awhile; I'm guessing that's what happened to you. ...read more
@stunned the site definitely has some glitches once in awhile; I'm guessing that's what happened to you.
Foil Challenge
|
Re: Foil Challenge
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @caitbird, good question. I still like sheet masks and I'm happy with the masks in my stash. In general, I mask with them less for ...read more
@caitbird, good question. I still like sheet masks and I'm happy with the masks in my stash. In general, I mask with them less for a few reasons, the primary one being that my skin seems to have changed over the last 9+ months and using a sheet mask on a daily basis is too much for it. Currently, my sheet mask usage averages about 2-5 per month. This summer, I'll try to be more consistent with how regularly I use a sheet mask, but I don't anticipate it will be very often as I have historically used sheet masks less in the warmer months - they're more something I reach for when my skin is dry and dehydrated (that has been the ideal conditions for me when it comes to sheet mask usage) and my skin has leaned more oily in recent years during the warmer seasons. Weekly sheet mask use is a marvelous target and having it as a goal for the pan it! challenge is a really smart idea.
Incentavized Reviews
|
Re: Incentavized Reviews
NEWCOMER III INSIDER
Reply: Thank you for taking the time to test, review, write honest feedback and for asking this question. As a ROUGE as well for decades ...read more
Thank you for taking the time to test, review, write honest feedback and for asking this question. As a ROUGE as well for decades and someone who has always taken into an account what reviewers have to say to make an informed purchase, the issue I am experiencing is that there’s a disproportionate number of “free gift” reviews to “verified reviews.” Moreover, my girlfriends and I have been increasingly discussing this imbalance and how it’s impacting our shopping experiences/purchases over this year, and we are all super annoyed about it. Here’s why. Over the course of 20+ years shopping at Sephora all over world and online, prior to 2023 I returned only a few purchases and all were in unused condition except an eyeliner that irritated my contacts. Last summer I made a bunch of purchases for myself, for vacation, for my bff’s birthday based on STELLAR near 5-star reviews. I completely disliked a few purchases and didn’t have time to return/exchange/get a credit due to summer travel. It’s all brand new. $250 donated to my local domestic protection program for women. That wasn’t planned and I am in no way in a financial situation to do that again. So that was 3 bad purchases based on reviews. Then at Christmas, I exchanged 5-6 gifts again purchased based on FABULOUS reviews. Last month I returned an unopened purchase based on reviews after buying a small size to test. Horrible product for me. This week I purchased 4 more products based on almost PERFECT reviews — again, 90% or more “freebies” — and none of them are as the reviewers described. In fact, one was a summer fragrance that immediately gave me a wicked migraine with 2 sprays. All my life nothing like this has ever happened. I was seriously sick last night! So when I finally started feeling better in the middle of the night I went through all the reviews that were non-incentives and read the verified reviews and the regular feedback. The feedback was ATROCIOUS!!! Like, unbelievably awful. The fragrance was compared to big spray, household cleaner, disinfectant, and even those tablet’s people stick inside their toilets. So many angry, honest reviews and very few of the gifted fragrance reviewers seemed to give an honest review. I’m an ethicist. This is unethical business practice. Why? Well, I’ll explain. I recently signed up for a couple of programs that are essentially third party marketing companies and what I’ve found is that there’s absolutely no oversight whatsoever over the ethical integrity of the reviews. In fact, the more 5 stars I give (only to products I’ve used and loved for years!), the higher up I’m ranked in the system. What this means is that anyone can post 5 star reviews and be rewarded with free gifts and merchandise. Does that seem like an ethical sales and marketing business practice? Just by asking this question as you have, I do trust your sincerity and integrity. You seem like an ethical, honest, and thoughtful person. What percentage of reviewers are like you? And how do we know? These companies including Sephora are using marketing dollars to bias reviewers. That’s so wrong. So, I’m taking back everything I bought and I will exchange it for one final purchase. Then, I’m deleting my account and my app and I’m only making purchases directly from companies I trust who post reviews that are real and authentic. Had I made this fragrance purchase directly from the company, I would easily see that MANY people have experienced an adverse reaction to this fragrance and I never would have bought it for myself as a blind buy. Live and learn. But, ya, spending all this money and buying things blindly based on copious amounts of 4-5 star reviews and 0-25 or so verifiable reviews sandwiched in the hundreds or more is why we are no longer spending our money at Sephora - or, at least until an ethical system is created by Sephora and by third-party marketing companies giving free stuff in exchange for AMAZING reviews. If I got this $300 perfume or $200 serum for free, trust me, I would be unconsciously biased. It’s a scientific and psychological fact. Sephora is unethical and so are these business practices. This is the new norm in unethical sales, marketing and advertising used by countless companies and brands. It’s the “influencer generation”. We are all immune to it; but, we can choose what roles and responsibilities we will embrace to try to make this far less shady and self-serving and unethical than it is. Thank you for your thoughtful question and your time + consider! All the best, Steph
Deals Too Good to Pass Up 2024
|
Re: Deals Too Good to Pass Up 2024
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: Ami Colé , code Summa20, 20,% off site wide until May 28thFree shipping at $50 FYI Good opportunity to try Ami Colé Soft Shape Wat ...read more
Ami Colé , code Summa20, 20,% off site wide until May 28thFree shipping at $50 FYI Good opportunity to try Ami Colé Soft Shape Waterproof Lip Liner via their cute lip kit. They also have a great brow pencil that's not sold here 😞 
Bronzing drops
|
Re: Bronzing drops
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @Ellie82579 I have tried both products and I would go with the rare beauty over DE. The rare beauty blends so much easier. ...read more
@Ellie82579 I have tried both products and I would go with the rare beauty over DE. The rare beauty blends so much easier.
Returns
|
Re: Returns
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: There's no set number @LilyRedRose , but Sephora is a retailer that uses TRE software (Total Retail Equation) to detect fraud and ...read more
There's no set number @LilyRedRose , but Sephora is a retailer that uses TRE software (Total Retail Equation) to detect fraud and abuse in purchasing patterns. As long as you return in accordance to store policy, you should be fine. (Also, when you return something, used or gently used, it gets destroyed...so less returns is a good way to cut down on waste, too.) If you find yourself returning more frequently than normal, then yes, consider getting more samples (or minis) to prevent excessive returns. While I don't think three purchases in a calendar year is excessive, I can see why it is anxiety inducing, wondering if it'll happen all of a sudden.
Upcoming points multiplier offers?
|
Re: Upcoming points multiplier offers?
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @Mel231 @They don’t
@Mel231 @They don’t
New Post in Savvy Shoppers
Why did prices go up?
Prices went up especially on minis, tower 28 spray ! Nars mini concealer!? Whatttt!!!
Prices went up especially on minis, tower 28 spray ! Nars mini concealer!? Whatttt!!!
63,958 Posts