Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

2024 - Twelve Months of Beauty Inventory

Last year I was inspired by a challenge on Instagram and we did a makeup inventory. ❄️December 2022 Challenge - 12 Days of Makeup Inventory - Show Off and Catalog Your Collection!!❄️

I was a little behind on planning this year (job interviews, life, not being able to login to the BIC), so I thought we could make this a yearly challenge for 2024 and broaden it across all beauty categories. 

Why participate?

• I know I went back to my posts to find "dupes" for things that were limited edition (Melt Pumpkin King, in my case).
  • It's a good idea to look through your products every bit to review for quality and cleanliness.
  • Curation is important.
  • Knowing how much in your stash can help with your Low/No Buy or keeping an eye on your backups. 
  • The fun of organizing your collection!!

Rules 

Please no negative comments about the size or contents of others' collections, this is a place to celebrate our collections. Self-reflection is always welcome though 💖. Please don't take this as an impetus to declutter (unless you want to!). 

I'm going to try to get a little contemplative with mine, to see if I would purchase again or not. But don't feel obligated to join that part!!

Timeline

• January - Face Primers, Nail Polish
  • February - Foundations, Concealers, Cleansers and Mists
  • March - Bronzers and Contours (singles), Serums and Treatments
  • April - Blushes (singles), Moisturizer and Oils
  • May - Highlighters (singles), Sheet Masks
  • June - Face Palettes, Non-Sheet Masks, Tools (Brushes, etc.)
  • July - Eye Primers, Single Eyeshadows (free standing or in custom palettes), Body Cleansers, Body Scrubs, Body Lotion, Body Glitter
  • August - Eyeshadow Palettes, Shampoo, Conditioner
  • September - Brow Products, Eyeliners, Mascaras, Hair Treatments 
  • October - Lip Balms, Lip Liners, Lip Glosses, Perfume Samples
  • November - Lipsticks, Travel Sized Perfumes
  • December - Setting Powders, Setting Sprays, Full Sized Perfumes

Re: 2024 - Twelve Months of Beauty Inventory

Blush Bronzer Group.jpg

I still feel like I put blush on like a clown. Years ago blush was one of the things I would never buy and never used. Now look at me! Ignore the bronzers, I had made this collage last year. 

• February - Foundations, Concealers, Cleansers and Mists. Not big on foundation or concealer. Which I use the later for eye shadow primer.  

Feb Foundation Concealers.jpg

• March - Bronzers and Contours (singles), Serums and Treatments. Not big on bronzers or contour either lol. 

Bronzer.jpg

@haleyvvvv ,

Primer & Polish

1000002566.jpg

Previous week, I had decluttered several polishes.  I'm holding onto for dear life the Sephora x OPI ones, even though I shouldn't, plus some nail decals.  I don't wear primers like I used to, and a few I know I had are missing from the pic.  I also found a couple of minis later on.  The Becca had turned and that's actually a Fenty foundation, my so I sorta retook the pic.

1000002567.jpg

I still need to test out the Caliray, but this was a good eye opener.

Foundations, Concealers, Mists and cleansers.

I only included foundation and concealer.  I keep my cleansers in the bathroom & linen closet.  I'm at the point where I'm happy with the cleansers I have, namely my Hyper Skin Gentle Brightening Gel Cleanser with Mandelic Acid 5 oz / 150 mL .  I also have a Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Foam 6.76 oz / 200 ml I'm holding onto, pre-reformulation, the gifted Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser (🙏🏽 @TeamBIC ) and my ulta gift of Origins Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash 5 oz/ 150 mL .  There's a Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Daily Cleanser with Sulfur Acne Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mL that I'm close to decluttering.  I think it breaks me out, ironically.

1000002568.jpg

This wasn't as bad as I thought, but I realized there's a lie here.  I didn't include opened concealers.

Mists, I don't really have those.  I have pressurized water from Avene.  I have swing sprays, but didn't take a pic.

Bronzers and Contour (singles)

1000002570.jpg

1000002569.jpg

I was surprised!  I did realize two of my bronzers are missing, minis.  I contour with bronzer a lot, too, so I thought it'd be more.  Missing are the Pat McGrath and Rare Beauty Stick.  The hourglass mini, danessa and too faced mini are included below 

And as promised, I did photo (most) of my highlighters.  My babies

I mean look at all of them...how can I pick just oneI mean look at all of them...how can I pick just one

And...

1000002576.jpg

Missing are most of my recent ones, an Armani, a Dior and liquids (Dior, Rare Beauty) and a mini fenty that's on its way.

@danielledanielle Ah beautiful collections!

Look at all that beautiful Fenty Beauty, @danielledanielle! 😍

@haleyvvvv  Great thread idea!!! I will definitely try and participate as much as I can!! 

@haleyvvvv I love this thread even tho getting to shadows, blush and obviously lips gives me stress!! 🤣😭

My main primers. I know I left out a few minis that I’ve tried and enjoyed as well. Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Mini Illuminating Primer- Always An Optimist Collection 0.5 oz/ 15 mL is one. I had to check a few of these if they were actually primers too but sure enough they were. 😊

IMG_5701.jpeg

Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40 Sunscreen with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide  truly my favorite of all time. Perfect consistency to mix or use on it’s own

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 3 Fair - love the extra little coverage and glow (The Elf and Maybelline are pretty great dupes!) 

Valentino V-Lighter Illuminating Face Primer and Highlighter with Hyaluronic Acid - this surprised me how very pretty it appears plus the soft feel

La Mer The Hydrating Illuminator 1.4 oz/ 41 mL priciest favorite along with Chanel. Except it doesn’t have spf then it would be number 1! I just love the soft glow and feel. Sisley is very similar plus with all the feel good skincare elements. 

VBB Augustinus Bader Original and Golden must never go away. Ever. Agree with @itsfi . I’m on number who knows what for the Original! 

KWeis and Wander are others. Decent. Wander is gel-like and KW is a basic primer plus a bit of glow. 

@haleyvvvv - I'm so happy you brought this back as a year-long event! 💖💖💖  I enjoyed last year's challenge.  I recently went through my blushes, face powders, bronzers, and highlighters.  I've been procrastinating on my lipsticks and eyeshadows.  I'll post for this month in the next day or two.

January - Primers

Primers (Face)Primers (Face)

@haleyvvvv, my face primer, for the last couple of years, has primarily been my skincare; namely, my sunblock. Occasionally, I'll use an actual primer for a special event or if I'm going out. I do have a small handful of face primers that I'm currently working my way through (or trying to), most being mini's, travel sizes or deluxe sized samples.

New-to-me and ones I still need to try are: 

• Anna Sui Gel Foundation Primer which I received as a gwp from Beautylish - this water based primer has a springy/cushiony gel-like consistency that is very interesting. I'm looking forward to playing with this one.
  • I'd never heard of Charlotte Tilbury Mini Wonder Glow Primer 15mL 0.5 oz/ 15 mL until I received this deluxe sample size at Sephoria NYC. Excited to give it a try.
  • I'm also looking forward to trying the Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Mini Pore Diffusing Primer- Always An Optimist Collection 0.50 oz./15 mL, which I also picked up as a promo at Sephoria NYC. It seems better suited for my skin type in the warmer, spring and summer months so I'll probably hold off on opening this one until then.

Tried-and-true primers include: 

• Guerlain L'Or Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold Makeup Base is a luxe, silicone-free primer with tiny gold flecks that dissolve upon contact with the skin. I like the slight cooling sensation this has and how it absorbs smoothly and quickly, wih zero film or residue. I've never picked up a full size but it's certainly one I will happily pick up as a gwp. 😉 
  • While I've been a fan of Victoria Beckham Beauty products since it's launch in 2019, it was not love at first use when it came to the Victoria Beckham By Augustinus Bader Cell Rejuventating Priming Moisturizer Golden. The color was off, it had a tacky-to-the-touch finish I wasn't fond of at the time, etc. I picked this up shortly after it initially launched and wanted to love it, but just didn't the first time around. @Sunnysmom spoke well of it and I decided to give it another try a few months later, and well, this is, I believe, my third bottle of this golden-hued moisturizing primer.
  • Bobbi Brown Mini Vitamin Enriched Face Base Primer Moisturizer 0.50 oz/ 15 mL is a dream primer and winter weather warrior for those with dry-to-very dry skin. The subtly citrus scented, oil-free primer applies very smoothly and hydrates and moisturizes my skin while it acts as a beautiful base for my makeup. It's an absolute must have for me, especially in the winter months.
  • Dr. Jart+ Mini Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment 0.5 oz/ 15 mL # is a well-loved multi-tasker - it blurs, color corrects and smooths and primes my skin for makeup, and includes an SPF. It's a product I repurchase repeatedly, on its own, as part of a set. I keep a mini of this at work.

I'll post my nail polish collection another day this month.

It’s so pretty @itsfi ! Wish it came in an even larger size!  love to mix it with the original when I’m more pale.  You’ve got some nice primers here too! 

14 nail polishes and 4 primers.

IMG_3689.jpeg

Excellent polish shade choices @faeriegirl ! 💞 Is that Chanel Vamp?! Love! 

Thank you @Sunnysmom ! It is 765 Interdit. 

D'oh!!! I misread this month's prompt and took a photo of my eye primers. I am partially ready for July then! 😄 

I'm happy you brought this back again @haleyvvvv. I left one of my face primers at work so I will pick that up tomorrow and take a family portrait of those beauties after work.

As for nail polish ... firstly, zero?!!! Wow, that's impressive. I want to whittle mine down, so I'm super impressed that you've gotten it to nada. I won't go that low but I'm gonna have to work up to being more ruthless about which shades to say 'good bye' to. It's be easier if I had a place to send open / used polish; many places won't accept them even if they've only been used once and I'd sanitize the top of the bottle and the brush. In any event, I am making a note to myself to try to get a photo up of my (part of) nail polish collection sooner rather than later. 🤞 October will be very sobering for me; I already know it. 🤣

IMG_6803.jpeg

Polish collection as of January 2, 2024

• 64 full sized polishes + 5 minis for a total of 69 bottles. This doesn’t include clear and base coats since they get used up pretty frequently.
  • I also have 6 sets of press-ons that have yet it be opened. 

IMG_6804.jpeg

Primer collection as of January 2, 2024

• Milani Bright Side
  • touchinsol No Poreblem
  • elf Liquid Poreless Putty Primer
  • elf Power Grip Primer (not pictured as its currently in storage)

I haven’t tried the elf ones yet. They were from Top Box Subscription Box 📦  If anyone has any experience with them who also has dry, sensitive skin, I’d love to hear your thoughts. 

Also not included are skincare that double as primers. It would really just be the addition of SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

I will likely add First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL back into the mix at some point. I recently finished a tube and will likely repurchase.

Look at all the pretty nail colors @JoSometimes ! 😍 I think Elf is terrific. I really enjoy a lot of their products too!

Thank you @Sunnysmom! I feel like I may have gone a touch overboard on nail polishes last year. 😅

Aaah, we have similar skin type, @JoSometimes, but I haven't tried any of these, sorry!! Lmk if you try the Touch in Sol because I think I have that in different packaging. 

I used to like getting TopBox, especially cause it was in Canada. I stopped because it wasn't the best in terms of what I wanted content wise, I got a bunch of nail polishes lol. But I like seeing it getting love here. 

What's your favorite polish? I like how they're arranged in a pretty rainbow. 

@haleyvvvv I’ve tried it a few times with much skincare prep first. I do like it, it seems to smooth things out pretty well. I’ve heard of it drying out some people, so I’ve been making sure I do a good job prepping my skin first before using jt. 

I completely forgot about their eyeshadow primer! That one I do love. It makes applying and blending so much easier!

I’ve been pretty lucky with my TopBox sub so far. They’ve been things I can actually use or save for the future. 

Conversation Stats
  • 38 replies
  • 226 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos23
  • Jan Primers.jpg
  • Jan Misc.jpg
  • Jan Nails 1.jpg
  • Jan Nails 3.jpg
  • Jan Nails 2.jpg
  • 1000021062.png
  • 1000021061.png