Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

thin, damaged hair

I got a keratin treatment done about 6 months ago and it seems to have ruined my hair. I've never had a problem with split ends or breakage before. how can i keep my hair from getting further damage? I've been looking at the living proof restore hair mask but I don't know...

Re: thin, damaged hair

@Annah91 

The problem with any type of Keratin/Hair Botox/Brazilian Blow out is that they are essentially “baked” into the cortex of the hair. The treatment that is applied must be sealed in using a flat iron at a very high temperature. The flat iron is passed over each section (depending on the brand) 5-15 times until a shiny, plastic like coating is achieved. The damage is done and irreversible at this point. The hair has been damaged from the inner layers and outer layer. Some who get these treatments have stronger hair and can withstand the intense heat damage, others cannot. A healthy cut, K18 and strengthening products are your best bet. 

@Annah91  Use a clarifying shampoo on your hair to remove any excess keratin/protein buildup.  Then use K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  To hydrate it.  
Lock that hydration in with a lightweight hair oil from the mid length down to the tips. 
If you add protein to hair that doesn’t need extra protein it forms a seal around the cuticle that prevents moisture from reaching the hair so the hair becomes dry and brittle.  
Clarifying will help break down the layer blocking the cuticle from receiving moisture.  

RE: thin, damaged hair

Olaplex, Olaplex, Olaplex! I’m so sorry your hair is going though this! I highly suggest trying out the Olaplex No.3 treatment. It’s specifically designed to relink the bonds in your hair which in turn will strengthen,repair, and the overall integrity of the hair will improve! This along with really taking care of your hair like little to no heat tools, moisture/protein treatments as well will help! ❤️

Brazilian Gloss....saved my life!

Brazilian Gloss....saved my life!

To start off, my hair color changes more often than my mood...

About a year ago it became damaged to the point of snapping off and falling out... and that was after i had cut it into a pixie 😧

What really SAVED my hair was this regimen:

any sulfate free shampoo & conditioner (i use redken extreme) less chemicals in the washing process = less hair gets stripped of natural nutrients.

while in the shower i also use redken extreme CAT treatment... you spray it all over washed hair and let it sit 5 mins... i use it for 10... i do this 2x a week its a protein filler.

Taking BIOTIN!-> i used 10000 mcg, but that can make most people nauseous. i recommend using 2500-5000mcg.

I use Redken Anti-snap post wash on damp hair along with the leave in conditioner below.

Its a 10 miracle leave in treatment-> amazing leave in conditioner that really fixes any/all hair demons.

Then once a week i would do a deep conditioning treatment with a hair mask... i use Drybar mudslide nourishing hair mask

the damage from going blonde completely reversed by following this regimen within only 2-3 months... i still use everything on the list but the redken stuff 😉 its for severely damaged hair... now i use drybar everything pretty much.

hope this helps

that's what I would say-- stick to natural and clean ( the opposite of what got you into this mess). I've tried the miracle 10 and it didn't do anything for me, however, but perhaps I didn't give it enough time. 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing