cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|
Anonymous Insider

curly hair

I want to be able to style my hair in updos and braids and things like that, but I it's so hard for me. I have layered hair so I don't want pieces sticking out every which way if I do normal braids. I also struggle with my curly frizz. I don't know what to wash it with or what to put in it to help it not curl so badly and to keep the frizz to a minimum. If anyone has any ideas please let me know, thank you! 🙂

Re: curly hair

Hi @Anonymous!

If you're looking for a product for frizz control, I suggest checking out the Madame C.J. Walker Coconut & Moringa Oils Flyaway Curl Control Serum. This serum absorbs quickly, is lightweight, and will protective barrier that blocks humidity. 

I would also try out their Coconut & Moringa Oils Curl Defining Milk. This is a leave in conditioner that will keep flyaways in check. I hope this helps 🙂

Cheers!
Nikko

Re: curly hair

HI @Anonymous

To get a good braid or updo your hair needs to have some 'friction' to make it hold together. There are a lot of products that do this, I particularly like the Living Proof texture spray. This isn't the same idea as a hairspray, it gives each strand some texture to grip against eachother.

I have curly frizzy hair, I found that there were three culprits to my frizz:

- washing too often, frizziness greatly reduced if i limited washing to when my hair was actually dirty 

- wrong products, i was using product that was not meant for my hair type just because I loved the smell or cost

- my pillowcase, i was using cheap sheets.. so had cheap pillowcases.. and was spending 8 hours a night rubbing my hair on coarse fabric. I switched to a silky pillowcase and it helped

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing