Sultra Bombshell 1 inch vs 1.5 inch

I cannot decide which to buy the Sultra 1inch or 1.5 inch. I really just want beachy style waves. I hate the perm look! From my research it looks like both are possible with either wand. Has anyone used both and would recommend one over the other? I'm leaning more toward the 1.5 inch but I'm worried based on reviews it won't hold the curl. My hair is thick and straight and has never held a curl for long before. The 1 inch has gotten better reviews on average. Can does anyone have some good advice before I bite the bullet. I know Sephora has a great return policy I'd just not rather not have to deal with returning it since there isn't a store nearby.

Re: Sultra Bombshell 1 inch vs 1.5 inch

I have the Bellami 6 in 1 tourmaline set, and I really like it. Changing between barrels is kind of a pain but you get more for your money when you get a set. This one cost $129.99 and it has two heat levels. Smiley Happy

upload_2301662908635510896.jpgIMG-20140213-00964.jpg

Wow! That seems like a great deal, where did you find it for that price? 

(0) Hearts

The website price isn't real. When you go to the website you'll see an image that says "email info@bellamihair[dot]com for a $160 discount". Send them an email asking for the discount code and you'll get it. You'll also find discount codes on youtube among many beauty guru's that were sent the set to review.  

The real price is $129.99. I'm not sure why they have that added step but whatever. 

And then I saw this.... *feels kinda enabled*

That is soooooooo COOL!

I have this and really love it! Variety is the spice of life! Smiley Happyimage.jpg

Smiley Surprised  What is this??? Please please tell me!

It is an Amika 4p styling wand. The barrels are interchangeable! Xoxo

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Late reply but thanks! I've been looking for something like this for forever. I saw this one and then one by Milani hair that is like bright blue so I might have some deciding.

I was eyeing this initially. What are the barrels like to change?

You do have to wiggle in and out but once in they are very secure!

(0) Hearts

I think our units have similar handles although yours has much more functionality. Mine has that little prong that sticks up too. It does take a good wiggle or two to get it on and off. 

Hey Randee, or anyone else who has used a Sultra (or any other wand, for that matter), do the curls tend to loosen the same as a regular curling iron? Or do they tend to stay closer to the size of the barrel of the wand? 

Hi etscorel,

In my experience, the curls loosen after about 6 to 7 hours, but not nearly as much as they do with a regular curling iron, and the hair still looks pretty and wavy. My hair is naturally stick straight though, so not sure if they would loosen as much on someone who has hair that is naturally more wavy. Smiley Happy

Best,

Randee

Best,
Ty

Thanks Randee! My hair is stick straight, past my shoulders and pretty fine (not much volume), but I have tons of it! Curls tend to fall out almost immediately, even with product, to the point where I prefer a 3/4" barrel curling iron so by the time they start to loosen, they look like curls that are produced by 1.5" barrels with cooperative hair. 

But if they're going to hold better than a curling iron, I would probably opt for the 1" barrel because 3/4" is a bit tight if they don't loosen as easily. Your hair looks amazing, so if mine is anything like yours (straight and uncooperative), this might be a good investment!

[ Edited ]

Hi LSexton,

I would recommend purchasing the Sultra Bombshell in the 1 inch size. I have very thick, long hair and this is one of the few curling irons I have used that actually holds the curl in my hair all day! I think the 1 inch size is slightly easier to use. I can definitely achieve a beachy wave with the Sultra.  I'm including a picture of my hair after curling it with the Sultra Bombshell. This is about three or four hours after curling my hair and it was still going strong! I definitely need a light mist of hairspray after using the Sultra but overall, I've been really happy with it. Smiley Happy

randee wavy photo.jpg

Best,

Randee

Best,
Ty

Your hair is so pretty!! 

(0) Hearts

Thank you! Smiley Happy It took hours to do, but it was well worth it!

Best,
Ty

Hi Randee,

Thank you so much for including the picture and the great recommendation! That really helps.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 29 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
Photos4
  • randee wavy photo.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • upload_2301662908635510896.jpg
  • IMG-20140213-00964.jpg