sweetieeee

In for the kill... Short hair....

[ Edited ]

image.jpg

So I've been thinking about cutting my hair short for the longest..I'm not sure why but I've been wanting to get a cut similar to the pix below.. I just can't make my mind up. I just dont want to regret it:smileysad: I've never had my hair cut anywhere above my shoulders. I guess I've been longing for a new look.. However I don't want to confuse this feeling for feeling sad and wanting to just cut my hair off hoping I will feel better the way I do with splurging on makeup..haha. Last summer I did cut my bangs to try the look out though, and I loved the way it looked. I felt like it made my cheekbones pop:smileyhappy: I'll post a pix of what I want to cut my hair too and a pix of me know. Help me out ladies should I take a Jump. I do know ill never look as beautiful as them in the pix haha. Honest opinion please!? Face structure work? I have ombre but ever since I died it I want more and more... Haha but I'm lazy and hardly fix it up so I figure a short cut will be quick... Just never enough I guess... lol I like it to be funn flirty choppy edgy... Haha that's me with bangs... Oh yeah! My hair is dead strait /: so I'm sure it won't have volume like the edited pix that I found+the girls are all dolled up:smileyhappy: and yes I have a long neck...hahaimage.jpgimage.jpg

melde

Re: In for the kill... Short hair....

Last year I cut off 12 inches of hair. I enjoyed how it looked short, and I actually got several compliments, but I disliked how much styling it required. My hair is naturally straight, too, but at my chin-ish length, I had to do something with it each day, and I was used to just being lazy with it. Now I'm waiting for it to grow back so I can go back to lazy-land!

Make a list of pros and cons to help you decide?

Pros:

It's fun to change

You can donate your length (if you cut a lot off at once)

Cons:

Will require more upkeep

You may not like it (but it will grow!)

Etc. :smileyhappy:

Manda

I personally love shorter hair. You can do a lot with it - as much as some people say you cannot - and you are able to change it up on a wilm. Though, like others have said, if you are not willing to maintain the style, I wouldn't really bother cutting too much off. Start at your shoulders and, if you feel comfortable, move higher up.

I have naturally curly hair and I have done a lot with my hair. Went from a invert to bob to pixi to very dramatic asymmetrical.

Do what you feel is comfortable for you.

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

I'm willing to maintain it I go with my brother and dad every other sunday for their hair cuts so I would get dropped off at my hair cut place while they went to the barber haha. Is I love it I'll keep it for as long as I want and if not then ill just grow it out all overrrr again.... Haha

Manda

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I will let you know that growing it out from a short stage can get awkward however, I think you can pull off a shorter haircut well.

Just be careful where you go.  I would call around and see if there is anyone who they would recommend who is "up to date" with the latest trends (since shorter hair is a big trend this year - I also found out that natural texture is too.. SCORE!).  After you have picked out a couple of salons that seem appealing.  Visit them and check it out.  If the salon outdated and not modern?  If so, I would probably avoid it, considering that they might not be up to the latest trends, especially when it comes to training their employees.

Another thing you can do is go for a consultation.  The majority of the salons are willing to offer this for free.  This will give you the chance to talk to your selected stylists and see if the two of you click.  A good stylist will also clarify what you want and what you are looking for.  They will also ask you questions about your lifestyle, etc just to make the style work for you.

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

I know it will be awkward but I can't do anything else haha...

thanks! I didn't know you could do that! Wow... ill do that..thank youuu:smileyhappy:

Manda

I'm a stylist so yes, most salons will offer free consultations, since it helps to build trust with the stylist and their client.  Make sure you ask over the phone though just in case.

Oh and another thing, if you use a certain shampoo or have allergies to anything (especially sulfate) and you decide on a salon, make sure that they have the options you are looking for.  If not, ask if you are able to bring your own products.  Most salons will no deny you this.  I do it to my stylist all the time!

MikuNerd65

(0) Hearts

oh wow I love the last one on the left, very classy.

missey1973

(0) Hearts

I say go for it. Have fun. It will always grow back.  I just got my hair cut off about two weeks ago and I love it. My hairdresser calls it "Short and Sassy" HAHA. At 40 I need all the sass I can get now!!! LOL

Katty2323

after a series of unfortunate events, I ended up with a very short cut I didn't ask for. Everyone says its cute or what not and I'm just now starting to get comfortable with it 3 months later. I think once it grows out some I'll end up getting extensions again. I do kind of like it... I just wish it didn't just randomly happen when I wasn't expecting it. lol, I think once I'm done being butthurt I'll appreciate it more. I think short will look great on you! And like my bf keeps reassuring me.... it will grow back out or I could get extensions...if you don't like it, it's not permanent.

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

Thank you very much ladies!:smileyhappy: you are all very much help:smileyhappy: I'm stuck a little still. I read some opinions then I don't want to cut it but then I read others and I'm all for it.. Haha but I agree I thin I'll start with a bob like Vanessa H did:smileyhappy: then work my way shorter if I decide to:smileyhappy: the thing is I have ombre hair so if I get a bob I think ill have color on my ends and might look funny :smileyvery-happy: 

i just hate how I have long hair and I feel like it doesn't look nice on me. I've found that bangs look nice and pull out my features better than long hair. And I realized  when I have my hair pulled back it looked nicer than just flat and long. So I came to the conclusion that if my hair is pulled out of my face and have bangs maybe a short haircut with choppy messy bangs woul fit me better and bring my features out....

rdesigns

I had hair that was well past my waist, and I decided to cut it short a few years back. To be honest, I cried at first.  Once I got over the crying (lol), I came to love my new shorter hair.  I have kept it short ever since (even went a bit shorter a few months ago).  My hair looks much more stylish, I can do more with it, and my husband loves it :smileyhappy:  I did try hair extensions for a special event, and I honestly could not get them out of my hair fast enough!  

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

That's great:smileyhappy: how short did you go?

my hair touches my lower back.

rdesigns

[ Edited ]

When I first had it cut, I went from past my waist to this (this pic is a few years old). It is actually a bit shorter now, but this is the first short cut I had. HTH :smileyhappy:  I should add that I was 45 or 46 when I got this cut.  I am 50 now.

newhair24s.jpg

marydiva

(0) Hearts

Love this cut! :smileyvery-happy: So cute! 

chupi

(0) Hearts

Oh! I love this!

malday

(0) Hearts

Well whatever you decide, don't forget that hair grows back! How's your hair growth rate? If it's fast then all the more reason to cut it!

sweetieeee

As a child my hair grew really fast haha. But recently it slowed down a little but still pretty fast compared to others I believe. My brothers hair grows fast as well so I guess it runs in the family..haha. True it will always grow back and I'm young once why not have a little funn.. Do you think it will make me look older?

im 20 very tiny 5"3 and 105lb.

Katty2323

i think it will make you look our age still... I'm 25 and 5'0 and around the same weight

Before

mbj.jpgyut.jpg

After

gthjfg.jpgtuckingstupid3.jpg

carr.jpg

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

Girl you are beautiful !:smileyhappy: I have no idea where to go to get my hair cut though... I think ima have to do some googling and phone calls.. Ha

malday

Hmm I don't want to say older, maybe just a bit more sophisticated. But really the worst that could happen is people will probably mistake you for 21 or something lol. I think tiny people look the best in short and pixie cuts to be honest.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 46 replies
  • 55 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • chupi
    • malday
    • marydiva
    • Manda
    • kssweetheart
    • kso1225