Answer
xxdeathxangelxx
Are Kerastase Products worth it?
(0) Hearts

I'm going to be switching hair products and right now I'm looking at a couple different brands, and I'm wondering if Kerastase products are worth the price? I've heard really great things about the brand and I've got pretty finicky hair, so I figured it might be a good idea. For reference I have hair that is 2 inches longer than my shoulders, pretty dry and it's dyed red. The other brand I was looking at is Redken, and ill mention the comparable products as well. So the products I'm interested in are the following:

1. Kerastase Bain Mirroir Shampoo/ (Redken real control shampoo)

2. Chroma Reflect Milk (conditioner)/ (real control conditioner)

3. Chroma Thermique (heat protectant)/ (satinwear blowdry lotion)

4. Sublimateur jour (leave in conditioner)/ (Crema care)

I'm also going to be trying the kerastase masque. but ive already decided that.

The redken is alot cheaper but I figured with such a difficult color the Kerastase might be a good idea?

Thanks for your help =]

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
glitzeegirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have used Kerastase products for many years, as my old salon was a Kerastase certified salon. I did like the in-salon rituals but I do believe that their hair products are a bit overpriced for what they actually do. I have achieved much better results with products that are much less expensive. I had my naturally dark hair dyed red and I'm sure you know but red color molecules wash out more easily than other color molectules. To protect your hair color and your strands from harsh chemical processes you may want to invest in products that are safe for color treated hair such as Living Proof Restore hair mask. It closes cuticles thus preventing color molecules from escaping. 

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • chewcifer
    • allegrissima
    • xxdeathxangelxx
    • glitzeegirl