BeautyJunkie325

Mascara

Okay I am a total make-up junkie.  I love all types of eye shadows, blush & lip colors.  My biggest problem seems to be mascara.  I can't seem to find one that I really like or that gives my lashes volume or length.  Any suggestions???

missjess87

Re: Mascara

(0) Hearts

I ave just recently found that YSL Shocking and Too Faced Size Queen used together are AMAZING!!! I have medium length lashes that are blonde, almost clear in a way. If I dont have mascara on, it loos as if I have NO lashes. So as you can probably guess, my main focus when doing m makeup each day is to make sure that I have some super amazing lashes. I use lash primer, Sephora Tricks of the Trade, and sometimes Urban Decay Lash Primer. Let 2 coats of primer dry, then put on 2 coats of the YSL Shocking, and let that START to dry and then add 2 to 3 coats of the Size Queen. The brush on Size Queen is HUGE and I was very skeptical at first, but its the HUGE brush that makes all the difference. I hope you try this out and end up as happy as I am each day. Nothing better than big, fat, super long and dramatic lashes. =)

jennycakes323

(0) Hearts

I used to use drugstore brand mascaras but now I can't live without Benefit's They're Real!.  It is amazing!  Give the mini tube a shot if  you're unsure, it's a great use of $10.

s1395482-main-hero.jpg

*Jenny*

missjess87

(0) Hearts

Hi,

Ive just recently discovered the new YSL Shocking mascara really gives me lots of length and volume. I have also had a hard time, for years, trying to find that perfect mascara that gives a false lash effect without actually having false lashes. I know a couple of people who have tried the new Too Faced Lash Extension system, that could be something you could also try. One of the last times I was in Sephora, one of their workers used that new lash system on me and it did make a difference, but it takes a few coats to really get it on there and get them as long as I like. I usually spend about 15 minutes alone just applying mascara because I have to put literally 8-10 coats of 3-4 different kinds to get the look that I want. The YSL Shocking is the best that I have found so far, even better than the new Too Faced system. I still apply 3-4 coats of the YSL Shocking, but thats much more time saving that going through 4-5 different ones lol.  Hope you try the YSL Shocking and that it works for you as well as it has for me.

*MiswsJess87*

zeli64

(0) Hearts
Hi BeautyJunkie325, I love the Fairdrop mascara and Benefit's BADgal lash. I love how both make my eyes pop. BADgal lash for my does take a little work to get off, but I still love the results. Fairdrops has an awesome wand, and the fibers make my lashes so big. I hope this helps :smileyhappy:
swanbeauty

Just in case you don't have enough options here, I LOVE Hourglass Film Noir.  

It is creamy, does not flake, seperates, lengthens and can do it in just one coat.  Now, I usually use a lash brush after the first coat, and then put on another - and WOW - my eyelashes look super dark, long and full - but not goopy/clumpy.  I hate that look.  It is a bit expensive, so if you're looking for a less expensive option, I totally agree with the Covergirl Lashblast recommendations here.  Great stuff, and cheap!  I use the orange one, which is the Volumizing one.  The brush is like no other.

melissabt

Hi BeautyJunkie325,

It looks like you already have some great recommendations. I think mascara takes a couple of tries to find the one that you like the best! I am glad that you now have the lash sampler, it will really help you decide. Also, here are some additional recommendations for mascaras that will give your lashes volume and length.

Fresh Supernova

Fresh - Supernova Mascara

Diorshow 360 Mascara

Dior - Diorshow 360 Mascara

Clinique High Impact Mascara

Clinique - High Impact Mascara

Sephora Collection Outrageous Volume Mascara
SEPHORA COLLECTION - Outrageous Volume Mascara

<3 Melissa
projulianna

(0) Hearts

Hi BeautyJunkie325!

I noticed my friend Melissa mentioned a couple mascaras that are currently part of my lash rountine for long and thick lashes.

First, I use Sephora Collection Outrageous Volume Mascara (its a creamy formula that allows you to build vulume without clumping) and then I use Dior New Look Mascara  for detailing (this mascara has a tiny brush that helps add length and separate.)

<3 Julianna

infinite3

Hi there :smileyhappy: 

I know you've gotten sufficient feedback, but I just got a new mascara and need to rave! I use Yves saint laurent singular. It makes your lashes look so long and thick while also giving them a natural effect (I.e. no clumping). 

Hope I helped 

BeautyJunkie325

Thanks all!!!!  My BFF bought me the Sephora mascara sampler for Chirstmas so I could try a variety before committing.  While I like some of them, I didn't LOVE them.  I have some friends who swear by the green/pink drugstore brand but I don't like that one either.  So far I've found that if I layer Too Faced Lashgasm & Urban Decay Supercurl, I get some good volume.  I'll have to try some of your suggestion.

makeupobesessed

I second maryyy's suggestion of Benefits Bad Gal lash. I love the fat wand and it really gives my lashes a boost.
foreverneverbe

I would also reccomend drugstore Mascara, or MAC's Opulash. I use the One by One by Maybeline, and that works great! You should try them! The MAC one is pricier obviously, but I think it's worth it.

Gymchic365

(0) Hearts

I actually agree with @Justso89. I am a huge fan of the Covergirl Lashblast Length and as much as I try other mascaras,this remains the best. I just got a sample of the "magical" Diorshow mascara but I haven't tried it yet. In general, I prefer wands with rubbery bristles, not the "hairy" ones found in expensive mascaras. Do some shopping around, store return policies are getting better these days:smileyhappy:

maryyy1989

Hey!

Okay so if you're looking for volume and length in your lashes there's two in particular that I can't personally live without!

1) mascara diorshow.jpg

Diorshow in Rich Black is my favorite. It gives lots of volume and length and I just love how the black is so pigmented it makes my eyes stand out. I don't even feel the need to use false lashes.

2)badgal lash.jpg

BENEFIT Badgal Lash. This also gives volume and length but it's not as dramatic as Dior's. i'd probably wear this at work or at school since it's more toned down.

Anyhow, these are my 2 favs!

xoxo

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

My favorite mascaras are YSL Shocking, diorshow.

soniasa

My very favorite mascara ever is the Sephora Lash Plumper. I've gone through many tubes of this. Buxom is also good.

Justso89

Hi BeautyJunkie325,

I know it is odd to recomend it on Sephora website, but I would recommend you CoverGirl mascara, the one in a big orange tube. There are cases when inexpensive products have proven to be better than well-known expensive beauty brands.

I usually read lots of reviews before I try products, so this mascara is very famous even among pro make-up artists.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 28 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • soniasa
    • maryyy1989
    • melissabt
    • swanbeauty
    • makeupobesessed
    • foreverneverbe