darkersolstice

Best copper/brass/gold eyeliners and eyeshadows?

With my blue eyes, I've found coppers and brassy colors and golds really bring out the blue tones. I've been relying on drugstore finds (with the exception of an Urban Decay 24/7 liquid liner in Eldorado) for my warm-metallic fix, but I'm always looking for recommendations for nicer products. Does anyone have any all-star products that fit this (incredibly vague, I know) description to recommend?

MonopolizeMe

Re: Best copper/brass/gold eyeliners and eyeshadows?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I love the Sephora Eye Contour Pencil in Sun Tan. It looks very pretty on, and at $9, it's definitely not at the pricier end of the liners out there. I own pretty much all the shades that come in that formula now- can't get enough!

. I also like UD's Honey and Lucky, but since those are discontinued there's no use talking about them. I would look at UD's Scorch and Smog eyeliner pencils if you're interested in those sorts of colors

Which drugstore liners have you been using? If you haven't checked them out already, you should look at Milani Liquif'eye metallic eyeliner in Gold or the L'oreal HIP Chrome Eyeliner in Gold Charge-  these can be hard to find but I've always had luck at target.

SoooCool311

(0) Hearts

do you know of any eyeshadows that are good for hazel eyes?

darkersolstice

(0) Hearts

The fun thing about hazel eyes is that playing with complimentary tones will help bring out the shades you want to see most. Pinky warm tones will push you more green, purples and cooler tones might bring out more golden hints.

Here's one of my secret weapons: http://www.sephora.com/high-shine-eyecolor-P273403?skuId=1327295 Easy to apply quick before work (school in your case). If you have particularly pale skin, I recommend the frosty pink shade.

ilovetopurplefy

(0) Hearts

I really like MAC Amber Lights. It's a very warm, orangey bronze gold. It's really pretty and looks good on everyone.

katie1724

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have several favorites! love Chanel Stylo Yeux in Khaki Precieux (a golden brown), Burberry Eyeliner in Golden Brown and NARS Larger than Life Eyeliner in Via Appia. In terms of eyeshadows, I love the NARS Cordura and Kalahari duos (as well as the singles in Fez, Mykonos and Corfu). If you're in the market for a palette, I love Guerlain Ecrin 6 Couleurs in rue des Francs-Bourgeois (all warm bronze-brown-gold shades -- pricey, but it lasts for ages). Lastly, the Burberry eyeshadow singles in Gold Trench and Pale Barley are among my most frequently in rotation shades. :smileyhappy:  

MarissaPasick

(0) Hearts

You could try

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=LORAC%20Ooh%20La%20Lace%20Baked%20Shimmer%2...

Urban Decay Naked 1 and 3 palette

http://www.sephora.com/naked-palette-P267200?skuId=1324532

http://www.sephora.com/naked3-P384099

I have blue eyes and these work great for me

instagram @marissapasick for some ideas!

Loretta55

(0) Hearts

Another copper palette would be Lorac Baked in Superstar. The only problem with that palette is the packaging. I have broken the top numerous times. It is being held together by a rubber band. Also for a primer try the Tarte 360 Degree I wore my eyeshadow yesterday for about 14 hours. I have very dry eyes and need to use eye drops  throughout the day and when I removed my eyeshadow it even looked matte no creasing.

emilyknits

(0) Hearts

We have similar coloring, and I have a UD 24/7 eyeliner in Lucky (copper) that I really like.  Unfortunately, it's discontinued like El Dorado.  The current Scorch shade looks the closest to Lucky.

darkersolstice

(0) Hearts

El Dorado is discontinued? *holds on tight to the one I currently have!* Or are you talking the pencils, rather than the liquids? I've got it in the liquid.

egomod

I also have blue eyes as well and just recently started falling in love with golds, coppers and oranges. I purchased NARS duo eyeshadow in Mediteranee and I loooove it. Another shadow that blew my mind was Kat Von D Shade Shifter Eyeshadow in Devotion - Copper. Both have quite amazing iridescence/shimmer. I haven\t purchased the Kat one yet so I cant speak on the fall out, but the NARS went on with minimal fallout for me and the colors packed on nicely and stayed well when used with a primer. I would recommend checking them out in store if possible as they look quite different when seen in person under a good light.

I would also recommend the Stila In The Light Palette, Stila
In The Know Eye Shadow Palette, and Smashbox
Full Exposure Palette. These palettes as not solely gold/copper/brass, however I find they compliment blue and/or grey eyes very well.

Good luck! :smileyhappy:

darkersolstice

(0) Hearts

I tend to use the Urban Decay original primer with all shadows, so it's good to know we're working with the same baseline. I'm really, really going to have to look at the Kat Von D shadow you mentioned, because I like a lot of that line.

lizie

I personally love Sephora's Nano Eyeliner 07 Golden Sand. It is a brassy gold.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • emilyknits
    • ilovetopurplefy
    • MarissaPasick
    • Loretta55
    • lizie