Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Unused Gift card with zero balance

I received a gift card with $100 on it for Christmas. It was purchase at a Kroger grocery store and when I went to use it, it had a zero balance. After calling the number on the back of the card, they told me it was used on Christmas which wasn’t from me. It happened to my sister as well. Looks like this a recurring issue with Sephora. Please help!

Tags:

Re: Unused Gift card with zero balance

My daughter is having the same exact issue with a gift card she received for her birthday and just tried to use. Totally unused, yet when she entered the number she was told there is a zero balance. Can this be remedied? She is very disappointed.

@abonacci Sorry to hear about this! I'll send you a PM.

Hi @asfamouri,

I'm sorry to hear this! I'll send you a message shortly.

Best,

Laurie 

I just had the same issue except I called Sephora customer service because my pin had rubbed off and they told me that my gift card had a zero balance. It also came from Kroger. Sephora refused to help.  

Yesss!!!! This happened to me too! AND it was from Kroger as well! :((((((

Hi @QuackAddict,

I'm sorry for the trouble and I'm happy to take a look further. I'll send you a message shortly.

Best regards,

Laurie 

Ugh I was worried about that. Mine was $100! And apparently it happens a lot with Sephora specifically

I am currently having the same issue with a $50 gift card purchased from Kroger as well! Called Sephora customer service and they said there was nothing they could do to help despite it clearly being a very common problem with Sephora cards specifically. 

Even the cashier at sephora told me it's been happening a lot! it was also just plain embarrassing bc I was trying to buy my son's girlfriend something w it.  

I talked with moderator Laurie and they still refused to help me due to the card being sold by a third party. I guess Sephora is OK with third parties selling bad cards to their customers and dont see this as an issue as long as they get the money. 

oh wow this is super disappointing. NEVER AGAIN will I purchased a sephora gift card. Can't believe how common of an issue it is!

Mine was a $200 card and it was saying zero balance when it was just recently purchased and wasn’t shown to anyone after calling Sephora 

they said it was used by someone online 

so now Sephora won’t issue a refund or another card what sort of company is this

if you’re securities isn’t tight you need to stop creating gift card so people won’t be victims of wasting their money and nothing is being done to fix it back for them only giving solutions that won’t help 

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing