Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Same Day Delivery Order stolen by UberEats

TL;DR: If you call UberEats about your lost/stolen same day delivery order, the UberEats confirmation code is the last 5 characters of the UberEats URL in the "Track your order" link in your email from Sephora. 

I ordered two bottles of perfume yesterday from Sephora and selected same day delivery, which I knew would be today because it was after hours yesterday. I get the notification today at 12:02pm that my order was "on its way" with the option to "track my order", which I didn't do immediately. But by 6pm, it seemed weird the order hadn't showed up. I was home all day. 

So I click the "track your order" button, which takes me to UberEats with a notification that my order had been cancelled. Cancelled? So I call Sephora per the email instructions, and they graciously issue a refund and places a reorder for instore pick up. I also call the store, who confirms my first order was picked up by UberEats and also confirms they have replacements of the item in stock before I head up to the store.

I also call UberEats and they can't do anything for me without their 5 digit alpha numeric order confirmation number which was NOT on the link for tracking from the Sephora email. As a shot in the dark, I asked them if the order confirmation for UberEats was the last 5 characters of the URL link from the Sephora email and it was! So, in case anyone needs that information to track down a non-delivered order with UberEats. 

Once UberEats pulled up the order on their end, they said the driver told them the order sas already picked up, which cancelled it on their end. When I asked them "by who?" they said they didn't know. I doubt that is what happened - I think the delivery drive showed up, picked up my order and then saw what it was and instead of delivering it, told UberEats it wasn't available and kept the items. This Sephora location is in a mall and kinda hard to navigate to so picking up orders from here isn't exactly easy - which is why I paid for delivery. 

I went to the store to pick up my replacement order, shared the UberEats order number with the store manager after telling her how I found it, and talked to them about the issue. She said it happens somewhat frequently and that it is more common with higher dollar items or name recognizable items. In my case, she has seen a lot of Tom Ford Fragrances and Airwraps get stolen. They also put the full receipt on the outside of your order, giving the driver an inventory and price point for each item - making them more prime for the picking, IMO. The bags are also not sealed. This all sounds like a recipe for disaster. 

Looking on Reddit, it looks like Sephora orders only pay $7 with no tip, so I can see how dishonest UberEats drivers would rationalize the theft, especially if it's that easy to do via the UberEats Driver platform by claiming the order wasn't there. Sephora seems to be losing a lot of money behind this theft through their same day delivery option. Hopefully they come up with a better system. UberEats didn't seem overly concerned - they told me to reach out to Sephora. 

Re: Same Day Delivery Order stolen by UberEats

Same thing just happened to me, Uber sends me a cryptic message about delivering to the wrong address, Uber cancels it, tells me to contact Uber to be compensated, I could not respond to the number that texted me nor could I contact Uber because of course this was NOT ubered thru my account, it was Sephora.  I call my local Sephora store and they said there's nothing they can do once it leaves the store.  REALLY?  Tell me again why I should pay for same day delivery subscription when you can't guarantee delivery or a refund (not to mention how most of the time what I order is not in stock for same day).  The store told me I would have to contact Uber. So frustrated.  I called Sephora's corporate number and the rep was outstanding, looked up the order, provided a refund. So thank you, Sephora rep -- your store, not so much. And just FYI, you have a process issue with your same day delivery -- while it could be just selecting a different vendor (Uber is terrible here), you should have some capacity to allow a store manager to refund the purchase, esp for repeat VIB/Rouge customers.

Hi @renata,

I'm so sorry for this experience! Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm happy to hear you were assisted with your order, and I'll share your feedback with our teams for continued improvements in our service.

Best,

Laurie 

Hi How did you find the Uber eats phone number?

Hi @Cessk,

I'll send you a message for more information! 

Best,

Laurie

I had something very similar. The driver marked my delivery as delivered. But Sephora did literally nothing for me. I’ve been down a rabbit hole of contacting the driver. I have text messages from him confirming he didn’t deliver. Still, Sephora customer care will do nothing. Desiree with their customer service said this “Desiree, Sephora Beauty Advisor

If the carrier isn't able to accommodate you, it is still good to inform them. You also have the option to file a dispute with your bank on that charge, however, it will prevent your online orders from going through until it is settled. You will still be able to shop in stores in the meantime!” what a joke. I’ve been on with Uber customer care that said I need to go through Sephora to get my money back. There’s literally nothing you can do, and nothing Sephora WILL do for you if you get screwed by the driver. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. It’s not worth it. I promise you. 

Re: Pedido de entrega no mesmo dia roubado pela UberEats

The same thing is happening to me. Sephora says it sent the products and Uber Eats, hired by Sephora, did not deliver to my hotel! The hotel provided me with proof and was available for any clarification from Sephora and Uber Eats. It's bizarre!!! Sephora said they can't do anything and I don't even have the Uber Eats tracking number because Sephora was the one who hired them. Did you manage to resolve your case? We need to unite and go to court! This is unacceptable!!!! 

@spooky21 I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I will send you a PM for more information. 

Hi @giggleblue 

I'm so sorry to hear about this experience and that you didn't receive your Same Day Delivery order! And thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will forward this to the appropriate department within our organization. If you need further assistance, you are welcome to send me a private message.

Regards,

Danee

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing