Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Problem getting refunded for returned items

Hi, I’ve been a loyal Sephora customer for years, with no issues or complaints until now. I placed an order for 7 items on 8/27/2023. The following day I received an order update, saying one of the items was no longer available. I called in to double check it’s stock availability and the representative said the shipping/distribution dept must have made an error, because the item was still in stock, but she’d have to place a second separate order for it. NOTE ERROR #1 with the shipping/distribution center. I received my 2 separate orders, out of the 7 items, I kept one item and opened another (Sephora concealer) to color swatch, it was the only opened item being returned along with the new/sealed 5 items, which were going to be gifts for my niece’s birthday, but she didn’t come in town, so they were returned like I mentioned new and unopened. The items were returned in new condition and in a timely manner (received on 8/30 and returned on 9/5), I received email confirmation that returns were received and refund would be issued in a few days, but I never received my refund for almost $200. I called in today and customer service had no idea what was going on, I asked for a supervisor who also had no clue, said the shipping/distribution center was declining a refund(ERROR #2 by distribution dept) I asked for what reason, they didn’t know, asked if I returned within 30 days and I confirmed by supplying my fedex tracking numbers which showed they had received it back on 9/11. They asked if I sent anything damaged, I told them nothing was liquid, and the only opened item was the Sephora concealer. I was told that yes they indeed received the returns as their emails stated, but could not issue a refund, because for some unknown reason the distribution dept was declining both packages. Customer service said that dept should have contacted me via email in regards to the order, but I NEVER received any correspondence (ERROR#3 by distribution center) And I do not understand what the issue could have been if all but one of the items were in new sealed condition. If they did not like me returning 6 items, then why not contact me or return the new items back to me, instead of keeping them? It feels like a scam, like the distribution is shady and trying to keep products for no apparent/valid reason.  It makes no sense at all and now I’m out of close to $200 and have nothing to show for it. And Sephora’s customer service can’t help get in touch with that dept or figure anything out on their own, so I’m left having to dispute it on my credit card, which is a time consuming, lengthy process. I just read several similar complaints here and it’s truly disappointing that Sephora has started to drop the ball when it comes to returns. It’s also discouraging to know that the phone in customer service dept has no means of communicating with the distribution/returns center and that neither look out for the customer or make us the priority. If the situation if not rectified then I will be warning my friends and family in regards to Sephora’s incompetence and what seems like a shady or scamming way of doing business and I will no longer buy from Sephora, will give my business to Ulta.

Re: Problem getting refunded for returned items

I went into the store on Monday to return an item. But there was an issue with providing a return in the system so they said they will submit in a ticket. I requested for an exchange or just a gift card. They said that they couldn’t and I will just have to wait for a phone call. Through the phone call they will refund me. It’s Wednesday and I did not receive any calls. Also, the status on my order shows that it has been returned …what should I do? This is discouraging when return is not as easy… 

Hi @msteacher123abc,

I'm so sorry to hear about this! If this was a store return, I recommend contacting the store by phone for an update so they can look into this further.  

Best regards,

Laurie

Same thing happened to me. I returned some items from my order and I got an email stating that they were working on the refund. I waited close to a month and still no refund. I called to check and was given same excuse about how they don't know what's going on, or having to contact corporate, and something along the lines of corporate has to review my refund. A couple days later, I received a refund for only 4 items even though I know I sent back more. Very frustrating after having called in several times already and each time being told something different. One person told me it was because there was a lock on my account and the next person said she has no idea why I was told that because my account wasn't locked. Then, I get an email a few days later saying my account was unlocked. I guess I will just have to dispute from my credit card company as well.

Hi @jyi617,

I'm sorry to hear this! I'll send you a message shortly.

Best,

Laurie 

Hi Littletxgirl

i have run into a similar situation with a different company . What I did was contact my bank whoever you have your cc with and explain everything that has happened .

And make sure you document everything which they usually want copies of . 

Once  they do that then they usually do a charge back and credit you back the money that your out of.

The company has a certain amount of days to respond to it with why they did what they did .

And if they cannot prove their end the money is refunded back to the customer.

But call your bank if you have not settled yet and speak to the cc dept that you have your card with.

I hope this helps .😁

Hi @littletxgal I'm sorry to hear about this. I'll send you a PM shortly.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing