Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Lost Points

I’m so disappointed in Sephora. I’ve been shopping at my local store for 10 years and had collected thousands of points. Now they’re gone and I only have 72.  So much for brand loyalty. I’ll be shopping at Ulta from now on where I earn $ off for buying. 

Re: Lost Points

I just realized that I lost all my points too... I had over 10k points and was saving to use them as well. Sooo disappointed Sephora made this decision to expire points just cause we're not active for 12 months? I've been buying stuff for 10+ years and never had this issue before... I will be bringing my business elsewhere as well.

Me too!

Total disappointment and frustration is what I feel in this moment after realizing the recent removal of almost 3000 reward points from my Sephora account. 😞

I was saving my points to use them on products I really wanted and made sense to use my points on.. Life gets tricky and hard for all of us at some point, doesn’t seem fair that the points are lost if you don’t make a purchase or get something even if you don’t like it, need it or can’t get it at that moment, just to spend the points and $$, what is the point of taking them away? To pressure the client make a purchase, I guess, I feels like a corporation move. 

As a loyal customer for nearly a decade, I have faithfully supported Sephora, making numerous purchases and actively participating in the rewards program. 

These loyalty points were not merely a currency for discounts but also represented the time, trust, and investment I have placed in the brand.

it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth as loyal customer who has consistently supported Sephora for almost a decade AND has a Sephora credit card, doesn’t make feel like supporting Sephora anymore. 

@YuliGF Points don’t expire as long as you have made a purchase or redeemed a reward or free birthday gift within the last year. I will send you a PM. 

Hi @kpoplove23 I'm sorry to hear about your points and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'll take a look then send you a PM. 

Same here! Had thousands saved for years and started going to Ulta because you get money back. Went to Sephora yesterday and found out all of my points were deleted. I was saving them for something worthwhile and I was there in March and still had them but now there was only 100. Thousands spent on make-up,  hair products and facial products,  all for nothing. Now I will for sure stay at Ulta. 

Hi @Nessa1976,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll send you a message.

Best,

Laurie 

The same thing happened to me and honestly I am disgusted by the customer service. 3500 points gone. Will be loyal to Ulta 

Hi @Kayjaywright 

Points will expire if your account has been inactive for 12 consecutive months or more. You can keep your account active by making a purchase or redeeming a reward  or the birthday gift. I'll look into this then send you a PM.

Regards,
Danee

Hi @ReneeOsch,

I'm sorry, points will automatically expire if your account is inactive for 12 consecutive months or longer. To keep the account active, you must make a purchase, redeem a reward, or the birthday gift, or a gift card within that time frame. The expiration policy is outlined in our Beauty Insider Terms and Conditions. I'll look into this further and I'll send you a message.

Best,

Laurie

I am the same…

I used to lived in the states and went shopping at Sephora often and saved about 2,500 points. Every time I purchase at the store, a shop person asked me if I use the points or save them but I always chose to save as I’ve heard they are indefinite period points.

Then because of the pandemic, I couldn’t have chance to travel plus since I am living in Japan which is behind of deregulation across the borders from other countries, I have less chances to remember about VIB. 
I also have never had any notification referring of the point’s expiration which is very sas and disappointed.

Yesterday I figured out that my points are all gone as I got a message from Sephora regarding the other matter and I accessed my account.

Since I’ve always been looking forward to receive some fancy rewards by my points. I wish Sephora return them somehow…

I, too lost many points. This is a terrible policy and very poor customer service. I will make it a point to not shop at Sephora anymore. 

Hi @elleyyz 

Points will expire if your account has been inactive for 12 consecutive months or more. You can keep your account active by making a purchase or redeeming a reward  or the birthday gift. I'll look into this then send you a PM.

Regards,
Danee

Hi @YukiJo 

I'm sorry to hear about your points. Points will expire if your account has been inactive for 12 consecutive months or more. You can keep your account active by making a purchase or redeeming a reward  or the birthday gift. I'll look into this then send you a PM.

Regards,
Danee

I sent a message back to you but have no replies yet. Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi @YukiJo,

My apologies! I see your message was successfully sent to Danee and she will be responding as soon as she's able to.  Thank you!

Warm regards,

Laurie

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing