Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

I got scammed

I was given a Sephora gift card for my birthday on March 2nd, 2024.  On March 30, I tried to use my card and was told there was no money on my card.  I had not scratched off the numbers in the back yet and there seemed to be no indication of tampering. I called Sephora who told me there were multiple transactions done online with my card around March 16th.pretty BUT Sephora pretty much told me that "I'm out of luck" as Sephora treats cards like cash.  I had to go back to the person who gave me the card so they at least can dispute the charges with their credit card company. I am incredibly dissapointed in Sephora for not even trying to help.  Essentially, I was victimized twice; having my funds stolen and Sephora doing nothing about it. Because of their lack of support, I will never shop at Sephora, ever, again. 

Re: I got scammed

Same thing happened to me, they canceled my order and won’t let me get back my money. On top of that they won’t even help me and I’m confused because they are always voted best makeup store?

Spoiler
DO NOT SHOP HERE, LEAVE IT TO THE SEPHORA KIDS

@ughstari Oh no! I'll send you a PM. 

Same thing happened to me ! Sephora wouldn’t help at all. I’m ver disappointed at the company and will not shop there anymore!

Hi @lala64 I'm so sorry to hear about this! I'll send you a PM.

Same thing happened to me, very disappointed at Sephora! Will not shop there any longer. They just don’t care.

That really sucks. I am in the situation right now and I am on hold hoping they will investigate this further. I received a gift card from my in laws for my birthday and sadly they had to wait to give it to me because we were out of town. I tried to use it today and bam 0 balance. Sephora is now telling me that we need to call where the gift card was purchased from. It’s really sad considering my in laws are 75 years old and they are being scammed by trying to do something sweet. Terrible company that they won’t even look into it or investigate since this is their company’s gift card and they are making money out of this. Sounds really fishy to me. 

Same thing happened to me. Spoke to them and said there was nothing they could do. I had to contact the merchant who sold the card to my husband. Sephora does nothing about this and there are hundreds of these same comments…I believe they are in on it. I won’t ever shop there again. #scam

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing