Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Egift card scamming

I just bought a egift Card online, and when I entered all my information and clicked place order, the Sephora website  gave me a message and said that my transaction was declined and told me to try again. However, as I went to my card account, the money that I tried to put into the egift card went through on my bank account. I tried checking emails, checking the app, but there was no sign of a e-gift card purchase even though Sephora still charged my bank account 

Re: Egift card scamming

I don't think you're phrase gift card scamming is correct, they are not intentionally scamming people. They are just incompetent morons. The same thing happened to me. The money in my account was taken out as a pending transaction, basically waiting for the money to be taken by Sephora or cash star, but Sephora and cash star continue to say that the process was declined or unsuccessful. Call your bank and ask for the claims or disputes department and initiate a dispute. You'll get your money back that way.

This is happening to me as well. Cashstar customer support says they can't help and send me to Sephora customer support. Sephora customer support says they can't help and send me Cashstar. Sephora customer support, can you please help and address this issue????

@dollforever321 I will send you a PM for more information. 

This just happened to me too! Both times they said payment declined but then they took 80$ out of my account (40+40). Super disappointing. the gift card portion of the site should be shut down until its fixed. 

@RicaMagso Sorry to hear about this! I'll send you a PM.

same thing happened to me just now!! what did you end up doing?

Hi @mishellegovo,

I'm sorry for the trouble and I'll send you a message.

Best,

Laurie 

Hi @hello123454321 Oh no! All eGift Card purchases are made through our third party, CashStar. Please contact CashStar directly by phone at (866) 286-1262 between 8am and 12am (eastern time) or via email at SephoraGiftcardSupport@cashstar.com for further assistance. Thank you!

In efforts to get a gift card processed, I spoke to customer service at Sephora three times. Every time they point the finger and pass responsibility to cash star. I've called Cash star three times. Guess what, they point the finger and pass responsibility to sephora. Even after cash Stars supposedly highly qualified, highly trained resolution Department investigated the case, they just shrug their shoulders and say they don't know. Well guess what, I don't know either. How about your company find somebody that's competent enough to figure out simple answers to simple problems. You're incompetence and inability to resolve simple issues as a terrible look for this company. Pathetic.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing