Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support

Comenity Bank is a SCAM- please be careful

Hello, On 5/28/2022 I opened a Comenity/Sephora Credit Card I made a charge in October 2022 and paid it off in full in December and closed my account for good measure. This company has constantly hit me with delinquent payments and tanked my credit score by 100 points. 1/19/2023 - $105.00 delinquent payment 2/16/2023 - $148.00 delinquent payment Despite me calling them multiple times and asking them why I have these charges, they told me specifically that my account was closed. My credit score has been affected by 100 points - I can no longer apply for apartments with peace of mind. It's absolutely ridiculous.

PLEASE DON'T DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY - I will be taking full action with Sephora. I am not taking this lying down.

Re: Comenity Bank is a SCAM- please be careful

Hey I'm dealing with the same! I CLOSED my credit card account with a ZERO balance back in January. Starting in April I received noticed that I now owe them $40. Called to inquire why I have charged on my closed acct and was told it was $2 interest that they assessed on my previous balance and accumulated late fees. Then on April 28th they reported my "late payments" to my credit reporting agency which resulted in an immediate 46 point drop in my credit score. I have filed complaint with the BBB and see TONS of similar complaints regarding this unethical and shady business practice. They refuse to help over the phone stating they can't remove charges on closed accounts. Funny they can sure add charges to their hearts content!! AVOID GETTING THIS CREDIT CARD AT ALL COSTS FOR YOUR OWN PROTECTION. They only care about taking you for every penny you've got and ruining your credit. THIS IS AN UNETHICAL AND SHADY BUSINESS

Request in writing for the contract. Statements  for  three months before closing your account. Then get copies of the payments from your bank   Post a note on your credit report. Then attack them that way 

News Flash! Comenity BREAKS the contracts without blinking an eye or blushing with shame. Comenity are nothing but a bunch of LIARS & THIEVES! They are currently lying to me, stealing from me AND breaking the contract with me. I can hardly wait to be RID OF THEM FOREVER! I have NOT BEEN SO VIOLATED SINCE I WAS R.A.P.E.D. 44 YEARS AGO!!! Comenity should be shut down & ALL their employees thrown in prison & throw away the keys!!!

I couldn't agree more with every single complaint on this website about Comenity. First, I wish I had seen these complaints earlier, and secondly I wish I had gone to the internet which has countless, mountains, thousands of reports of this shady bank. I made my 1st purchase on the card paid it, and it was posted as sceduled. Apparently  they say, my routing number didn't work. Rather than sending me a notice to try again, I found this 'non payment'  several days later to see that it was never posted, it was returned, and furthermore they charged me a $30 late fee. I complained several times. Finally, they agreed, reluctantly and shaming me that it was my fault and they would out of courtesy refund the late fee. Funny thing, there was a bunch of nonsense about their $2 service fee and this is what they did- they credited me 11 cents of the $2 and left me with a brand new balance of $1.89! This is insane and I cannot believe Sephora is dealing with them. The second they post my payment I will cancel the card. Hopefully that will work.

Be careful! Even after you pay off your card this company continues to add shady interest and fees even though my balance was zero!! Do not think for one second that closing your account will end your issues with this credit company. Keep a close eye on it!! I did not continue monitoring it because I thought my account was closed with a zero balance but I'm now suffering damaging credit reporting from them. they'll BE CAREFUL

I am in the same boat, I paid off my whole balance and I’m still getting bills. Why do I owe $30? And there will be a $41 late fee if I don’t pay?I haven’t purchased anything and cannot understand why I am still getting bills. 

Write a letter of dispute to their Ohio billing office. I'm in the same boat and my credit score dropped 40+ points from their accumulated fees and late fees and bogus everything on a closed account I have with them. Also complain with the BBB and take a look; they have a red alert on their business. We are not alone--- fight this!!

Hi Ashro83, can you give me the billing dispute address please? I called customer service 3 times, I got 3 different PO BOX number and zip code. Really frustrating.

This same thing is happening to me right now. They are a total SCAM - do NOT open an account with Sephora. This has cost me ENDLESS hours over 4 months to clear up. 

I am going to SEPHORA management today and if they don't do something. I will contact all reporting agencies.

So over it to the fact I will never shop at Sephora again. Im only here because I've been trying to find someone else experiencing the same thing. 

did u pay the interest on the amount u purchased? because that sounds like interest plus late fees added. also closing any credit card will lower ur credit. if it was ur only card, it would lower ur credit a lot. i think u needed to know about credit cards before u get them. try to never close a card. just pay them off completely and don't use it again. 

No my friend this is bad advice. I think you actually need to review credit card legality. . I closed my account with a zero balance and they continue to rack up bogus and unethical fees and report negatively to my credit company. DO NOT HESITATE TO CLOSE THIS ACCOUNT- the negative dip in your credit will quickly bounce back but the continued scam of adding fees will ruin your credit with this card. BEWARE. Anyone can look up their profile on the BBB website and see there is a red flag alert on this unethical credit card company

no dear- this is a super huge problem with Commenity. They did not recognize my return and they are terrible scam.

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 31 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing