Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Bad Customer Service

I’m a new customer and from my bad experience trying to do a simple return, I would advise people to stay away from ordering from Sephora.com. When ordering online, Sephora can take as long as they want to ship you an item but then limit your return for a refund from the date of the order -  NOT THE DATE YOU ACTUALLY RECEIVED THE ITEM. I thought I had 30 days to return items that Sephora.com took 6 days to ship to me. I went to Store #1120 today and showed them my email that documents the items weren’t received until April 16th. The order was placed April 10th so Holly the store manager said she could only give me store credit. Mary suggested that I call 877-737-4672 and I “might” get a credit to my credit card from Guest Services since I was within 30 days of receiving the package. 30 minutes later after being through voicemail prompts and originally told I might get a refund if I ship the items to Guest Services via FedEx, but no guarantees, I spoke with Adrianna (floor supervisor) and she confirmed that Sephora.com would only send a store credit. Not happy that I could not receive a refund when their own sales staff are vague about the online policy and I would recommend to not purchase products from Sephora.com.

Re: Bad Customer Service

@DoNotOrder I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our return policy. The return time frame does begin on the date of purchase and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. I will share your feedback with the appropriate department for future consideration and you can view our full return policy here> https://www.sephora.com/beauty/returns-exchanges

Searching this forum, I find that many customers have the same complaint and you write the same verbatim canned response. It’s reflective of the Sephora company culture of ignoring legitimate complaints and bad experiences by its customers. Not a good look for your company.

So if Sephora hypothetically takes 30 days to ship an item (especially during sale promotions and holidays), a customer has 0 days to return an item. Terrible policy and your store staff and phone staff are very vague and gloss over the fact returns are from the date ordered - not the date an item is received. DO NOT ORDER FROM SEPHORA.COM  Products can be purchased elsewhere.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing