Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

BEWARE of Sephora Credit Card!!

I opened a Sephora credit card. If you do this BE SURE TO READ THE SMALL PRINT!

When I got my first statement, I paid the balance on the statement in full, thinking I won’t incur additional charges.  This was Feb 10th.  I closed the account.

On Mar 13th, I received a statement that I owed $62.00.  So I called customer service to sort this out.

Turns out that when I paid off the full amount on my statement in Feb, it was 3 days late.  So Sephora Visa hit me with a $30 late fee.  

Of course this was not reflected in the total amount.  Customer Service said that somewhere on the statement it said there is no grace period.  Again, read the small print.

When  I received the March statement, they had included another $30 late fee, plus $2.00 in interest.

Customer Service would not waive any fees.

I have had many credit cards.  THIS IS THE WORST!!  Don’t be fooled by the discount when you open the card.  It isn’t worth it.

Re: BEWARE of Sephora Credit Card!!

Comenity is known for this.  They also do not allow you to make a payment a little early.  They will count it as 2 payments in one month and not early for the next month that it's due.   Say you make a payment before the May payment date and then make another one later in May thinking you'll just pay June's payment a little early...NOPE!  They have stated to us that if it comes before they close the month, both will be applied to May.  If you don't make the June payment in June, you will be charged a late fee.  Craziness!

Re: BEWARE of Sephora Credit Card!!

@SweetsMama I'm sorry to hear about your experience. As we do not have access to your credit card account, please contact Comenity Capital Bank directly for further assistance with this. Please call:

1-866-841-5037 (Sephora Visa) 
1-866-864-7787 (Sephora Visa Signature) 
1-866-702-9946 (Sephora Credit Card)

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing