Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Another victim of the 25% off Sephora credit card scam

Just came here to confirm the 25% off your first order if you sign up for the Sephora credit card is a SCAM. I’ve spent over 3 hours on the phone today with Sephora and the credit card and heard 5 different explanations of why I can’t get the 25% off ($150 order in one transaction) even though I was approved for the credit card. I’m disgusted by the bait and switch Sephora is pulling. Please do not fall for it and go elsewhere that has more ethical practices. Sephora agents kept saying I definitely met all criteria and I just kept being pushed back and forth between them and the credit card company and no two people could give me a consistent answer. I’m absolutely disgusted by this behavior and will never step foot inside or spend another dollar at Sephora. 

Re: Another victim of the 25% off Sephora credit card scam

I have received two Sephora credit cards and I never got the  25% off. Sephora says call the bank and the bank says to call Sephora. WHO has time for all this and the phone call is verrrrrry long with fast accents when you call the credit card number.

I’m sorry to hear what happened to all Sephora credit card victims. I’m one of victim too. Now what should we do? To whom we can report this scammer to? Pay off the credit card and close the account still not solve the problem. Anyone have any experience please share with us. 

Hi @jessicayap,

I'm sorry for the trouble and I'll send you a message shortly.

Best regards,

Laurie 

I have had the same terrible experience with the Sephora credit card. I had to spend hours on the phone with the credit card company and Sephora, only to have it not work with the temporary card. I finally received my physical card and added it to the account, and the 25% off was never available (still isn’t). If I do not hear a reasonable response from Sephora, I will file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), which others who see my concern here can do as well at this link: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Wow this same thing just happened to me, what a complete scam. I wish I would’ve realized they weren’t going to actually follow through on their end before I took a CREDIT HIT. absolutely ridiculous. 

Hi @claudsie,

My apologies! Please keep in mind that the Sephora Credit Card First Purchase Discount cannot be stacked with the Savings Event discount. I'll send you a message for more information shortly.

Best,

Laurie 

@AndiM2023 I'm sorry to hear about this experience! I will send you a PM for more information. 

Save it. I don’t care what else can be said— I will no longer participate in Sephora’s bait and switch tactics. 

oh, and for others: after spending 3 hours on the phone with multiple Sephora reps and 3 different credit card reps: the credit card supervisor says: I don’t know why Sephora advertises the use of a temporary card because there is no such thing. I had already spoken with 3 credit card reps at this point mind you and the supervisor says “oh, well those representatives will need retrained because there is no such thing.” Y’all. I thought I was being punked. Please save yourself time (and don’t give these scammers your personal info!) and go to Ulta. 

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing