Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I get them whenever Spring (an app) has a 20%-25% sale- there's no tax so it becomes a pretty good deal. As far as i can tell Spring passes on the orders to CT direct, who packs and ships them. The packaging is usually gorgeous, and onetime-use lipstick card samples have been occasionally added to orders.

I've bought several items from the Spring app.  The orders come directly from CT tho and they put it in a nice box.  They also wrap it nicely and I've received one lipstick sample card every time I've ordered.  I've also ordered from Beautylish.  They always pack things very nicely and the shipping is super fast.  

Thanks everyone - I forgot about Beautylish carrying the line. Is Spring app slow to forward it to CT? I'm scarred by Hautelook LOL it takes them foreeeverrrr to pass orders on to the distributor..

Spring is wayyyy faster than Hautelook!  I hate Hautelook.  They just sent me 2 Illamasqua items rattling around in an empty box.  Not even paper to pad them in there.

Oh that's awfuL! 

Yup.  Luckily nothing was broken.

I got a big Nordstrom giftcard for Christmas, and I want to get something fancy. Would you guys recommend the Bronze and Glow for ultra fair skin? I'm having trouble telling if the sculpt shade is suitable for actual contouring. I like to contour but not bronze. 

Or is there a good blush you would recommend for very fair skin? Or should I go Tom Ford? I don't know what to get. I'm not fancy 😞

I have fair skin and I use it to contour with. And AnneMCC is right the highlighter is beautiful.

I think you will like the sculpt shade if you want to contour. It's much cooler than other bronzers I have. I actually don't care for it because I like to do an all over warm bronze look rather than contouring.  I use the CT sculpt shade as an eyeshadow/eye contour. I love the Bronze and Glow. You should get it. The highlighter is beautiful. It will take you years to go through the palette and the packaging is TDF. Very elegant.

I hear the blushes are really nice but I haven't tried those.

The bar of gold highlighter is back online at Nordstrom. 

Has anyone ever traveled with a Charlotte Tilbury shadow quad?  I'm flying to my parents' for Christmas and would like to take my Vintage Vamp quad in my carry-on.  But I also don't want the shadows to shatter.  Anyone have any experience doing so, and does it hold up well?

Anonymous Insider

Not with a ct palette but I close my palette onto cotton(powder side) then bubble wrap. I've never had a shattered or cracked shadow from traveling. 

Thanks, I may try that!

Anonymous Insider

Mine just arrived. I will say it's different enough from Nude Dip to justify the purchase. Is it unique or must have? Probably not. 

It's the twin of the LE Chanel Reve D' Orient. Here are comparison pics from Color Me Loud.

Chanel RDO vs CT FA_CML 1.png

Chanel RDO vs CT FA_CML 2.png

From Beauty Look Book:

Chanel RDO vs CT FA_BLB.png

I got the swatches

So, these are under indoor light because F' winter :S

Anyway, the top right swatch is FA.

The bottom left swatch is ND.

The bottom right photo is both, ND on top, FA on bottom.

im12081599age.jpeg

The first obvious difference is FA has a black.  The lightest color in both palettes looks the same on me.  The second lightest color is similar, the third lightest color in ND is unique.  The fourth color in ND is pretty similar to the third color in FA.

Aside from that, the shimmer in FA is more subtle and like a highlight shine (even though it looks opposite in the photos), while the shimmer in ND is quite noticeable.  Both are beautiful.  I guess it probably depends on if you want that black and stars or not 😉

Yes, definitely more contrast.

The sparkle picks up a lot under artificial light, but of the two palettes, FA has a less noticeable sparkle IRL.

I absolutely love it. I bought mine off Beautylish earlier this year as they still had it in stock. I am a huge fan of the silver taupe color in, it is unlike any other color I own. The bronze color in it is very pretty. The pearl color is very eye brightening. The black is great for lining, smudging or deepening any look. It is one of my favorite palettes of all time and if I could only have 1 Charlotte Tilbury palette (I have all of them except Rebel) I would choose that one.

Agree wholeheartedly with virgo87.

Hehehe.

Mine just arrived today.  There is a set with an eyeliner in it.

I thought about buying it last year and passed.  I haven't tried it yet, but it is really pretty.

Do you have Nude Dip or Silvered Topaz?

I heard it is similar to both.  I have not compared yet, though.

2 Replies
testing