Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Styling recommendations for thick short hair

Hello BIC and Happy Holidays!

Sorry if this seems familiar, I accidentally posted it in the wrong group!

I would like to start off with some details:

1. I have extremely thick hair. It adds more than 2 inches to my height (literally) with no product and it takes me longer than an hour to just get my hair trimmed.

2. My hair just does what it wants. Like I’ll get the strongest hold hair product on the market, and it will stop working in 5 minutes.

3. I have spent hours doing research on curl patterns (and straight hair types), and I still have no idea what mine is.

1. When my hair gets wet gets wet, my bangs section into 4 groups that have a slight c-shape.

2. Once I get out of the shower and dry my hair, it gets very poofy and it’s like the individual strands expand.

3. My bangs go up and out from my head near the roots, and then go in and down at the ends.

4. My hair is sometimes extremely dry, but other times extremely oily. It is rarely in the middle.

5. My hair moves to the front of my head, not the back

6. My hair itself is quite thin, but my hair is very dense

Also, whenever I style my hair, it stops having an affect in 5 minutes and I get knotted crunchy hair.

I was wondering if anybody has an idea what curl pattern I could be and can recommend me products?

I hope you had a happy holiday and I good new year!

Re: Styling recommendations for thick short hair

@Sam013 have you looked into curl expert stylists near you? there might be someone that can provide you with a solid haircut that would benefit your curl pattern and hair type to make styling easier. Maybe post a picture and see if any BICers have similar hair to yours. 

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing