michmo

No Buy After This Week?

Will anyone else be doing a no-buy after this week?  

I really need to stop making purchases and use what I have, but I'm worried that as the fall lines come in I'll keep buying :smileywink:

I am hoping I can hold out on any big purchases until my birthday in late fall.  

jinxski

Re: No Buy After This Week?

Same here! I told myself I'd wait till Christmas after the last purchase I make this week - my birthday's coming up, it's somewhat justified LOL

You can do it! Think of all the lovely things you'll be able to buy in the late fall, new fall collections~

cutiecocolove

well... i didnt buy anything for the last 3 months!! (shocker huh?) and so waiting till my bday and then going on a shopping spree!!! yay

MermaidBarbie

I have the same problem, heh. I made three purchases last night and need to stop this madness...but...I...just...can't....lol.

jellybean917

Ah, I should try to participate in the no buy....until my birthday in mid-September. And maybe I'll need to make some small purchases. Or big ones, if they're necessary.

cutiecocolove

(0) Hearts

me too!!! my bdays in september!!! :smileyhappy:

rikkie

This is about as much as I could commit to a no-buy, lol!

Esdee

I should do a no-buy, too.  I hit Rouge in two weeks, I probably need to take a break!

DrWould

Ahhh I am definitely doing a no buy after this week. I spent a ton at Sephora yesterday, and then I bought a samsung tablet today. There goes all the money I made in the past month! :smileytongue: My boyfriend's birthday is in a month and I want to get him something nice so I'm thinking no buying for myself for at least a month. But I can't seem to get off of Sephora's website and there are so many more things I want to buyyyy! 

ChicDabbler

I'm joining you. There's definitely going to be great holiday sets coming, not to mention black friday and such. I vow to wait until the $$ or % off later in the fall.

I need to do inventory of my skincare later (I'm willing to bet I have a larger stash than almost anyone here) but I have at least 6+ of everything. I exchanged my bday gift this year for the Fresh lip before the promo code came out. I placed an order to take advantage of the 3x pts. So, I think I'm all set.

With the only exception being mini lipstick. Is it weird I like those better than the full size ones?

brittieeee

I will be going on a no-buy probably until the 4x points in and then  cash in for a lot of perks!

mommyto4

I with you on this one.  I'm not buying anything major until the next % sale and/or holiday sets start to arrive.

I could last a good year or two on what I have.  This whole next year is going to be calmer altogether.

michmo

I almost hope the fall/holiday stuff doesn't come out for a long time.  I'd probably feel better about the splurging if I were running low on stuff instead of building a collection.  

For me I think it will be a no buy unless I see something I just cannot live without. :smileywink:

mommyto4

lol Part of me is hoping all the brands have horrible holiday sets!  I know this won't happen but it would help me not buy anything!

MermaidBarbie

[ Edited ]

Haha, omg, I've thought of that, too! It would kind of help not purchase as much. :smileyvery-happy:

Kiki1517

Yes, until a good month or so into fall at least, which is when I'm trying to hold out til to buy foundation, I should be pale again by then haha.

GGrace

I just need to restock on some skincare and then I'll do a nobuy for at least a month if not longer

DTalksAll

I'm with you... well sort of. If there's a good perk or code I might make a small purchase (yay for rouge free shipping!!!!) 

But I'm going to wait until the next % off sale for big purchases 

michmo

(0) Hearts

Yeah the perks/codes may be a small weakness for me too.  

atr3810

Definitely!  Yesterday I restocked on some skincare favorites that had run out, but I'm going to save any fun makeup purchases for later this year when I hope to have b'day giftcards.  My husband (and bank account!) will appreciate that, haha.  I'm shooting for a no-buy September/October, so we'll see how that goes.

michmo

My birthday is the end of November.  I am hoping to really keep my purchases to a minimum until then.  

prettyinpa

Yep, I'm with ya!  I got my spending out of my system this past month what with my trip to tax-free Delaware ULTA and this week's order to Sephora. I really can't even think of anything that I'm due to run out of, so I'm good until the late fall VIB sale at Sephora. (Unless someone gives me a Sephora gift card, in which case all bets are off, those things burn a hole in my pocket! lol)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 77 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • drrragon
    • poshified
    • ChicDabbler