Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I still haven't used my mini Stay don't Stray, not missing much apparently!

I saw a tutorial on Birchbox and they used the primer to conceal undereye circles, so that's what I started doing (being a newbie to primers). However, after a few uses, I noticed that the skin there was getting REALLY DRY. I had to pile on the eye cream down there for me not to look twice my age.

I feel taken advantage of. 😞

I really liked it at the time, enough to buy a full size. But since I've tried other primers, I've noticed how much this one creases for me. Hopefully it doesn't do the same for you!

I have been eyeing the Bumble and Bumble Surf foam shampoo and conditioner.  Good to hear your great experience!

@prosopon It wasn't extremely conditioning so if that's what you're looking for, then it's not this. I was really unsure until I saw the way my hair behaved once it dried. It felt and looked good the next day. I really want to try it out in larger sizes.

Thanks for the info.  I may ask for a sample the next time I am in Sephora.

Boo... the hubby threw away my shoe box full of empties. I have been saving for over a month already. And I am taking part in the Sample/Foil Packet challenge and now that I know how to properly upload photos on BT, I was so excited to post the photos! He said it looked like trash and it was just sitting on the floor so he threw it all away.

You would think I was growing a second head when I was trying to explain things to him. "Yes, honey, all of it was empty, but I was going to take a photo of all of it and put it online, and THEN I was going to throw it away. Technically it would be trash, but not yet because I wanted to show off what all I used lately..."

Lol- he was like you girls take photos of trash to put online??? Men... they just don't get it!

Anonymous Insider

ROFL!! I love your hubby's comment about putting photos of trash online.  That is hilarious.  😉

Why is it so hard for men to understand that we want to show off our trash? Geez!!!

While we were still settling into our new home, my boyfriend decided to go through MY pile & start throwing things out. Some of those "things" were GWP tote bags that I use for odd & ends. When I questions him, his simple response was "how many tote bags do you need?" Obviously a lot LOL! 

I would cry if the hubs threw away tote bags and GWP bags. I save each and every single one of them. And yes, I do have a million, but they are all cute and remind me of the purchase that I made to get it. How many tote bags do I need? ALL OF THEM! They need to know not to question us!

Oh- BTW- you were in the middle of building your own vanity. Is it done yet? I am sure a lot of people (ie... mainly me) are curious about it.

I ended up getting the PB Teen Lilac Vanity. 5 drawers... but it seems like the drawers seemed bigger online! At least all of my makeup is in one place. The samples, extra skincare, tote bags, nail polish all still are living in the linen closet. Ahhh... the life of a beauty addict!

I did finish building it. I'll have to remember to post pictures later. 

I like the Lilac Vanity, but in the pictures the drawers did look a little small. I wanted the Chelsea, which doesn't look like it hold a lot. 😕 I like my temporary fix for now & I'll just keep searching for the one 

Hahahaha I hide mine underneath the sink where all the cleaning supplies are 😛

My brother never checks down there ^_^

IMG_20131003_160118.jpgMy small little pile of empties! Lol

I finished something else yesterday but I was a good girl and didn't include it for the month of September.

Top Row (L to R): Bath and Body Works Citrus Fig and Ocean Pearl Hand Soap: These are the ones with those exfolitating beads, the foam ones last so much longer!

Certain Dri AM Love this stuff talked about it last month.

Eau Roma Water Toner I really liked this,, I have more sprays to go through before I decide if I want to buy this again.

Skintimate Shaving Gel: This stuff is really nice lol, I already have backups 🙂
Bottom Row (L to R): Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub liked it, smelled great but probably won't repurchase, kind of expensive for what it is!

PTR Max Complexion Correction Pads LOVE! Yes yes yes!

Rite Aid Renewal Cotton Squares I ahve another bag of these to go through before I can buy the Shiseido ones uuugh.

Buxom Mascara Love this :)! I have a backup

Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towlettes  meh.... I didn't like the scent and it felt sticky on my face.

Ohh i know you love the PTR pads, They have them on QVC in a double pack for like $45! I was browsing last night and was like ohhh i have to tell Wendy!! 

=O OMG

PERFECT TIMING!!

Thank you =D

IMAG4148.jpg

This month was a pretty good month for me in terms of empties. I definitely discovered quite a few favorites:

Sephora Soft Cotton White Pads -- I absolutely love these things and always have a backup

Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream -- Fantastic cream! It's really hydrating and I'm thinking of getting the full-size

Whish exfoliating body wash -- It's okay; not worth the price tag though

Chantecaille Magnolia, Jasmine, and Lily Healing Emulsion -- I love everything and anything Chantecaille. I already purchased the full-size of this.

Evolve ultra-shine moisture conditioner -- meh...not impressed

Stila Waterproof liquid eyeliner -- my favorite eyeliner. Already re-purchased.

Anastasia Brow wiz -- used to like this but I recently discovered the Kevyn Aucoin brow pencil and it's so much better

Per-fekt brow gel in clear -- did not like much, it's too clumpy.

J'adore perfume -- simply divine

Egyptian Magic cream -- gross, it was so thick and sticky

Philosophy full of promise for eyes -- it was okay but I will probably not buy it because it's not worth the price tag

Boscia bright white mask -- worked like a charm but I have too many face masks to justify buying a full-size of this

Kiehl's super multi-corrective cream -- the smell was a little too intense for me

Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil -- I'd never used a cleansing oil before and was quite impressed; it cleans really well

Omorovicza thermal cleansing balm -- I really loved this but it's wayyy too expensive =(

Kate Somervile Cytocell -- the smell is a bit weird so I probably won't purchase

Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel -- these things kind of sting but they didn't break me out. I'm not sure if I saw any improvements in my skin

Tocca Cleopatra -- Nice but not worth the price tag

Korres 24-Hour Brightening Cream -- I already own the full size of this and love it

Dior Capture Total Multi-Perfection Concentrated Serum -- so lightweight and moisturizing but it's expensive. Maybe I will repurchase during the November sale...

That's it for this month. All in all, I liked most of the products =D

You know it's a good month when it takes two photos to fit everything in! 🙂

More of my candle collection: White Barn Cotton (loved!) Yankee Candle Tarts in Juicy Apple and Sweet Strawberry (mmmm)

Tresemme Rejuvenating Mud Masque- not impressed. Won't repurchase

Ulta Exfolating Cotton Rounds

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes- love, own a bazillion backups

Clearasil Daily Oil Control- used up as acne body wash, didn't help

Victoria's Secret Coconut Passion Lotion

Caudalie Cleansing Water- OBSESSED WITH. Definitely repurchasing during Nov sale

B&BW Shower Gels in Lemon Vanilla and Orange Sapphire- love both of these scents!

Maybelleine Great Lash Mascara

Model Co LashXtend Mascara

Stila Waterproof Volumizing Mascara- not very waterproof.

Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser

Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Acne Spot Treatment- good, would consider repurchasing

REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask- LOVED. Repurchasing in Nov

Benefit Porefessional

Korres Greek Yogurt Overnight Facial- sorry ladies, hated this. Stung after exfoliating and didn't really moisturize

Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask

Tarte Amazonian Clay Double Detox Facial- not a fan of these heavy clay masks

Stila Liquid Luminizer in Pink Shimmer- LOVE. Own a backup already.

Living Proof Nourishing Style Cream x3- smells amazing, not impressed though

B&B Gentle and Thickening Shampoo/Conditioner

Carol's Daughter Monoi Shampoo/Conditioner

Hello Flawless x2
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk

Zirh Alpha- Hydroxy Face Wash

PTR CC Cream

MUFE Pro-Finish Powder- also used for contouring and considering repurchasing

PTR Camu Camu Serum- loved, smells amazing, but too expensive for me

OH Sheer Transformation- loved, definitely repurchasing in Nov

Sephora Foundation

Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet

Sephora Ultra-Smoothing Primer

NARS Pro Prime

Laura Mercier Moisture Supreme Foundation

How did you like the Suki? I have a small jar, but haven't tried it yet. Did you use it nightly, or more as a treatment a few times a week? 

I tend to exfoliate every other day regardless of the product I'm using- have had some bad experiences with my face getting angry! I really liked the Suki exfoliator! Was surprised by how long the little jar actually lasted, and it smelled great. What stops me from repurchasing, however is the fact that it exfoliates with sugar. Sugar has sharp edges and therefore can create micro-tears all over your face and making bacteria very happy to move on in. I stick with purchasing exfoliators with round particles (and definitely made sure to scrub with this product very gently).

thanks for the tip! I usually only buy smooth/round exfoliators, but I do have a sample jar, so I'll be sure to be extra gentle. 

testing